Vice President, International Operations
Full Time Job
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as Chief of Staff for the EVP, International as the right-hand person, and eyes and ears of the business.
• Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the International department.
• Manage and represent the EVP's office, maintaining long-term efficiency and effectiveness.
• Troubleshoot and resolve various sale issues and inquiries in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and track deliverables and accomplishments across multiple initiatives/projects.
• Identify productivity trends across the sales organization and use insights from reporting to create and drive efficient processes and improve productivity.
• Partner with senior executives to drive and support day-to-day departmental and cross-functional initiatives.
• Stay up-to-date on organizational operating policies and procedures (i.e., Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate protocols are followed, and facilitate accordingly.
• Lead strategic initiatives and tactical deliverables across multiple functional areas, such as Finance, HR, and Legal.
• Provide guidance, solve problems, mediate disputes and proactively deal with issues before they reach the EVP, International level.
• Lead a variety of special projects on behalf of the EVP, International.
• Review, assess and facilitate new business development proposals and initiatives as appropriate.
• Lead strategic initiatives that drive revenue growth and brand evolution within respective International markets.
• Work closely with senior leadership to define optimal performance management programs in order to ensure overall department success and align training, reporting, and incentive programs with performance management platforms.
• Help sustain a positive, entrepreneurial and high performing culture to facilitate delivery of strategic goals.
• Represent the EVP in his/her absence when required.
• 10 years of proven operations and strategic planning experience with progressively responsible roles focused on sales, licensing, media partnerships, and consumer products within international markets.
• Outstanding facilitator for cross-functional thinking to define complex issues, generate ideas, influence thinking, and build consensus around decisions.
• Strong analytical and financial skills anchored by natural, common sense thinking.
• Finely honed written and verbal communication skills driven by solid business logic and keen judgment.
• Strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives.
• Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
• Self-motivated and able to independently structure and lead complex analyses.
• Able to give and receive constructive criticism, especially when initiatives are off-track, over-budget and/or behind schedule.
• Able to support the EVP, International in holding individuals accountable, coaching and correcting performance, while fostering influential interpersonal relationships.
• Able to maintain poise and grace under pressure.
• Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively inform, motivate, and organize a multi-person sales team.
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while staying highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Willing and able to travel for business (approximately 20%) and work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Collaborating: Works cooperatively with stakeholders, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives.
• Effective Communication: Expresses oneself clearly and strives through active listening and paraphrasing to understand others' positions in conversations and interactions; plans and delivers oral and written communications based on analysis of audience.
• Problem Solving/Decision-Making: Identifies critical issues and uses logic, judgement, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommends solutions to achieve the desired organizational goals outcomes.
• Strategic Thinking: Identifies long-term or overall aims and interests and the means to achieve them.
• Accountability: An obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.
• Consistency: Conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness.
• A four-year degree and MBA is required.
• An attractive package, including base salary, bonus incentive and employee benefits will be designed to fit the ideal candidate.