Vice President, Business Development
Full Time Job
Reporting to the SVP of Global Content Media Distribution and Business Development, WWE is seeking to hire a Vice President, based at its headquarters in Stamford, CT
This executive-level role will be responsible for the growth and management of WWE's global content distribution business with a primary focus across all platforms, including television (free and pay), direct to consumer, digital, mobile, and other emerging platforms. In addition, the role will support business development across WWE's entire portfolio, working in partnership with business line owners.
• Work closely with regional sales lead and international General Managers / market leads to establish global content distribution strategy across all platforms (TV, digital, mobile, AVOD, SVOD) inclusive of tailored and iterative market-by-market approach to revenue, audience and brand growth
• Lead and support content distribution deals from inception to close, including developing and implementing high-impact negotiating strategies, leading negotiations, providing thought leadership in benchmarking to competitive content properties and developing KPIs to measure internal and partner success (e.g., GRPs, dollars per viewer hour, CPMs, etc.), partnering with executive team and division heads to foster alignment across all lines of business, and working directly with Legal and Business Affairs to facilitate optimal deal structure, papering and execution
• Manage Company's digital distribution business (e.g, short-form content syndication) including new sales opportunities, partner management and budget maintenance
• Lead very experienced partner management team which oversees end-to-end relationship with Company's TV partners including onboarding and serving as a point person between the partner and stakeholders across the Company (including TV productions, Delivery team, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
• Identify and execute business development opportunities that enhance and align with company growth objectives; lead all aspects of deal execution including research of partners/opportunities, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation, and industry due diligence; provide business development support to global business units in areas of deal evaluation, structuring, and negotiations
• Serve as executive contact to manage content and business development partnerships, and lead a strong HQ team in delivering outstanding day-to-day support, in coordination with key business units (TV, Digital, Social, Marketing, Strategy, FP&A, etc.)
• Serve as owner of content distribution and business development P&Ls, annual budgeting and planning process and monthly forecasting
• Lead presentation efforts and business unit reviews to Presidents and Chairman
• Lead, manage, coach and develop a high performing team in the US and across international markets
• Be a successful and proven executive with 10 years of industry experience in global sports content licensing, or a related media/entertainment segment, having held a similar role with another global multi-media company
• Bring deep knowledge of and contacts in global television, digital and content distribution; have an extensive understanding of the competitive landscape and global business environment impacting the sports, media and entertainment industries
• Have a track record of global experience and successful deal-making and a passion for sales – must be creative in seeing a way around the ''no'' or the ''impossible''
• Have outstanding financial, analytical, negotiating and creative problem-solving skills that result in successful partnerships across key KPIs, with an affinity for defining content value and competitive positioning
• Demonstrate a natural ability to think strategically and structurally, while serving as an inspirational and motivating manager of people – across time zones and cultures
• Must have excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to seamlessly multi-task and lead multiple high-priority, time-sensitive initiatives in parallel – know when to go deep and when to step back to see the bigger picture
• Be an outstanding communicator, presenter and collaborator, with the experience and ability to effectively influence at all levels both internally and externally, particularly within a matrix structure
• Thrive in fast-paced and extremely dynamic environments with the ability to be self-sufficient, proactive and embrace uncertainty and ambiguity
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays
• Must not have an ego – getting the job done and setting the Company and Team up for success must take priority!
• Willingness to get into the details and take on any tasks necessary to support corporate objectives and management – ''no job too small or too big''
• Must be a great collaborator and work with different personalities – know when to observe and when to push
• BA Degree required, Master's Degree preferred