Director - Global Strategy
Full Time Job
WWE is hiring a Director of Global Strategy to tackle some of the biggest questions facing our businesses. Our Global Strategy team works very closely with senior leaders on global strategy and operational initiatives across all our business lines.
Today, WWE is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. WWE's PG, family-friendly programming is broadcast in more than 180 countries and 24 languages and reaches more than 800 million homes worldwide. The award-winning WWE Network, is the first-ever direct-to-consumer premium network with more than 1.7 million subscribers. WWE has more than 900 million social media followers. WWE is the #2 most viewed channel in the world and the #1 sports channel on YouTube.
For WWE's business globally, this unique position will explore, develop, and recommend approaches for driving growth, as well as provide analytical support and project oversight to key company initiatives.
This role will be actively involved across the key focus areas for WWE's Global Strategy team, including but not limited to:
• Digitization (driving WWE's ongoing digital transformation)
• Content Optimization (navigating the evolving digital content ecosystem)
• Global Growth (expanding WWE's business outside the U.S.)
• Network (strategizing the roadmap for WWE's OTT service)
• Market Intel (deriving insights and implications from market trends)
• Long Term Corporate Strategy (investing to position WWE to win in the future)
This is a dynamic role that requires someone who can bring strong strategy development experience and analytical capabilities to a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will help further the business by providing objective in-depth analyses of key business drivers and developing recommendations for maximizing performance across WWE's business globally.
• Lead and contribute to projects which explore, evaluate and recommend strategies and tactics to support WWE's corporate priorities across its various Lines of Business (Television, Live Events, Consumer Products, Network, Digital)
• Analyze quantitative (e.g. market analysis, consumer trends, economic conditions, etc.) and qualitative (e.g. objections, competitive strategies, winning applications etc.) market feedback to establish strategic and tactical measures across WWE's Lines of Business
• Pro-actively identify opportunities to advance WWE's strategic thinking across key focus areas of Digitization, Content Distribution, Global Growth, and OTT
• Work closely with leadership from the Global Strategy team, and several functions across WWE including Analytics, Finance, Research to develop holistic strategic recommendations
• Effectively build relationships and collaborate with team members across multiple lines of business and functional departments
• Develop standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses to support Executive decision making
• MBA required with minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in top-tier strategic consulting, strategic planning / corporate strategy, and / or business development
• Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry preferred – familiarity with Digital Media, OTT / DTC distribution a plus
• Intellectual curiosity, with an interest in the sports, media and entertainment industries - ability to synthesize key market developments to develop strategic implications for WWE
• Proven track record of identifying the key drivers of a business and leading analyses that produce actionable insights
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability with exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Self-motivated, able to independently structure and lead complex analyses, and possess a positive can-do attitude
• Outstanding ability to build consensus around direction and effectively lead discussions toward resolution
• Strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives
• Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Diplomatic, with an ability to adjust approach according to audience
• Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback and coaching from peers and managers, with desire to learn and grow rapidly
• This position may require international travel