Full Time Job
Based at WWE's Stamford, CT headquarters, the Copywriter (or Senior Copywriter) will work closely with other Copywriters, Creative Directors, and Art Directors to conceptualize, craft, and communicate the WWE brand voice for an extremely wide array of applications across all forms of media.
The ideal candidate will be: relentlessly creative; independently efficient and responsible; openly collaborative; and highly adaptable and versatile.
• Following appropriate guidelines, cultivate a consistent WWE brand voice across multiple platforms
• Write copy for advertising campaigns, marketing materials, corporate communications, consumer products, programming initiatives and many more applications
• Generate conceptual ideas (visual and copy-based) for company initiatives and collaborate closely with other Copywriters, Creative Directors, and Art Directors to bring those ideas to life
• Conduct and participate in departmental brainstorm sessions
• Present ideas and completed work to Creative Directors and Senior Vice President of Creative Services
• Edit and proofread outgoing materials, as needed
• Keep up-to-date on WWE storylines and initiatives
• 4 years of related copywriting experience creating short and long-form content for both consumer-facing and B2B audiences, preferably with/for an enter entertainment and/or sports company
• Exceptional thinker with the ability to generate concepts and copy for multiple applications across the media spectrum
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated time management proficiency with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Working knowledge of a broad range of media platforms including, print, digital, TV, and mobile
• Portfolio that clearly demonstrates writing and conceptual abilities
• Existing WWE product knowledge and willingness to keep abreast of ongoing WWE storylines and initiatives
• Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, good sense of humor, and an open mind to feedback
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings or weekends as needed
• Bachelor degree in Creative Writing, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field of study preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must include samples (PDFs or link to online portfolio) to be eligible for consideration.