Assistant Metadata Specialist
Full Time Job
The Assistant Metadata Specialist is responsible for processing and assigning critical metadata to WWE's digital video content and WWE Network. In addition, the Assistant Metadata Specialist will play a significant role in the future organization of our video management and companywide metadata systems.
• Work with the Digital Content Team to process, tag and define original, clip and archival content on digital and social platforms.
• Timely processing of video assets against content editorial calendar.
• Help maintain video management system database with proper quality control in metadata tagging.
• Coordinate with photography and visual design staffs to select and assign user-optimized imagery for all videos.
• Act as a key resource and authority on WWE metadata/tagging standards and principles.
• Retroactively apply and augment metadata to existing library of content assets.
• Consult with members of digital video, editorial and programming teams to ensure tagging and content asset packaging meets the needs of respective interfaces.
• Comprehend platform nuances and deliver assets in accordance with business rules, style and best user experience.
• Keep current with WWE programming, storylines, talent, brands and products.
• 1-2 years experience copy editing for content-based websites and social platforms
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with exceptional time management and multitasking abilities, with an ability to thrive under pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Mastery of AP Style
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven publishing environment
• Basic Photoshop skills, a plus
• Flexible schedule, including evenings and occasional weekends
• Extensive knowledge of current and past WWE TV shows, talent and relevant details strongly preferred
• Precision in spelling and grammar
• Familiarity with video management systems a plus
• Bachelor's degree