Senior Production Accountant
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is currently looking for a Senior Production Accountant to join our team. The Senior Production Accountant will interact regularly with the Corporate Accounting team, as well as the Production team. This position will be responsible for managing all production finance functions including but not limited to: day-to-day production accounting, financial analysis and interpretation, review and tracking of budgets, timely and accurate financial reporting and policy roll out and compliance monitoring. The ideal candidate…
• Be responsible for invoicing, petty cash and credit card processing and all payment processing related to the Company’s ongoing productions
• Ensure purchases are properly controlled and authorized and that invoices are recorded and paid
• Work closely with production executives and line producers during the production budgeting phase
• Review, analyze, and track cash flows and funding needs of the productions
• Generate and analyze monthly/month end corporate financial reporting
• Closely monitor financial data including cost reports and escalate areas of concern to Senior Management to ensure swift financial decision-making
• Ensure proper maintenance of general ledger including month end cut-off, accruals and close
• Set-up new worker/freelance contracts
• Review timecards for accuracy and address discrepancies accordingly, approve and submit to payroll company
• Collaborate with the payroll company to address any issues throughout the payroll cycle, review and approve final reports from the external payroll company
• Assist the Corporate Accounting and Finance team in the monthly close process as it relates to recording accurate production related activity
• Well versed and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Intermediate to advanced experienced with MS Word/Excel/Outlook
• Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline drive environment
• Expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work
• 3-6 years comparable work experience (film/tv/production a plus), and a 4 year college degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Experience with journal entry preparation and documentation, month end closing, analysis, collections, financial reporting, cash receipts, and credit terms
• A solid understanding of payroll process, labor law, agreements and tax requirements
• Strong analytical and accounting skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.