Ad Operations Manager
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is seeking a talented and dynamic Advertising Operations Manager to oversee and be responsible for all digital ad operations, trafficking and management across Whalerock’s portfolio of brands. The ideal candidate will have proven experience across ad trafficking, campaign and platform management, reporting, creative troubleshooting and testing, and can work collaboratively and cross-functionally with all internal teams and external partners, clients and/or agencies. The ideal candidate…
• Work with internal sales, editorial, account management and product teams to implement and oversee ad campaigns across Whalerock’s digital and social platforms, and partner channels.
• Set up, test, traffic, and optimize online ad campaigns – both video and display – in Google DFP and across social platforms, working with advertisers, agencies and ad networks to receive all needed creative assets for campaign launches.
• Work with advertisers, agencies and ad networks to ensure that all parties are tracking against trafficking timelines and creative delivery dates.
• Be responsible for successful QA and testing of all 3rd party tags, and all advertiser-provided creative assets prior to launch.
• Manage ad trafficking, ad creation, QA, and reporting for each campaign/client across all WRI brands and social platforms.
• Manage and create post-campaign reports, including off-site syndication partnerships, social platforms, and all on-site monetization events.
• Develop and streamline processes to facilitate and expedite syndication partner, publisher and other third-party content partners via documented on-boarding and incident tracking.
• Develop, create and implement an effective and efficient ad trafficking process for internal stakeholders and for external programmatic and other third-party sales partners.
• Monitor campaigns throughout lifecycle to ensure full delivery needs will be met by campaign end dates, while also proactively communicating with clients, agencies and vendors on issues/requests as needed or any potential areas that may under deliver.
• Review performance results regularly and optimize campaigns, including making suggestions for improved performance by creative or by ad-type on a regular basis.
• Work effectively with clients and agencies to manage technical implementation of third party rich media creative.
• Monitor monthly billing and reconciliation as well as other reporting with Finance and Accounting teams.
• Have full oversight and management of inventory reservation and optimization, including tentpole calendar events.
• Educate and train the broader organization on Ad Operations and the trafficking process for efficiency and streamlining purposes, as needed.
• Be the ad operations point of contact between WRI and third-party partners to ensure all their needs are being met in relation to ad delivery, reporting and revenue management.
• Collaborate with internal tech and product teams to ensure all current platform as well as feature enhancements meet monetization and ad-serving needs, across display and video assets.
• Proactively communicate key insights from the performance of active campaigns to the relevant internal teams: account management, sales, product, and engineering.
• Able to provide performance support for various digital campaigns
• Passionate and knowledgeable about existing and emerging digital media and ad products
• An excellent communicator both written and verbally
• Able to successfully address complicated and challenging technical problem sets
• Understanding of our partners’ requests and the changing advertising technology landscape
• A collaborative team player that in addition to managing day-to day ad operations, can work cross-functionally
• Data-driven and an advanced user of Google Analytics and DFP for publishers
• Able to understand technical intricacies around the use of data driven advertising and data management platforms
• A self-starter with exceptional organizational skills, strong project management and prioritization skills – able to manage multiple campaigns at the same time with varying timelines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• A Bachelor’ Degree with 4 years experience in digital media and publisher-side ad operations experience
• Experience with campaign implementation and maintenance
• Expert-level understanding of Google DFP and serving
• Expert-level understanding of video ad management, ad-serving and ad trafficking
• A deep understanding of programmatic ad sales and best practices in monetizing ad revenue across partners/exchanges
• An understanding of third-party ad tags (HTML5, VAST, VPAID)
• A proven track record of managing and launching innovative products and features while meeting schedules and budget
• The ability to lead projects across multiple stakeholders through organization, collaboration and charisma
• Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
• Experience with Data Management Platforms (DMPs), Supply Side Platforms (SSPs) and third-party ad technologies
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.