Summer Intern - Technology
WB TechnologyBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The Company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments.
Summer 2020 Internships start in June 2020 and are generally 10 weeks long. To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in pursuit of a degree at an accredited college or university during the entire 10 weeks of the internship.
• Must be available to intern full-time in Burbank, CA from Mondays to Fridays from June 2020 - August 2020.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
Do you want to be part of a team that delivers best-in-class technologies and services to modernize our tools, protect the company and our employees, and keep us competitive in the industry? We must lead the studio in capitalizing on disruptive, emerging technologies that will shape entertainment tomorrow and years in the future. Our WB Technology group oversees and develops software applications for various teams across the studio such as: Production Accounting, Workday, Consumer Products licensing, DC Entertainment, Harry Potter Franchise, Studio Tours, Animation Technology and more.
We offer internship opportunities in areas such as: Data Analysis, Project Management, Product Management, Software Engineering, and Mobile Development. These are great opportunities for students interested in these areas and for those who excel in a team-oriented projected-based environment.
We have multiple internship opportunities available within Technology. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. If you are selected for further consideration, a recruiter will reach out to you, and he or she is happy to provide more detail on the specific roles at that time.
What do we require from you?
• For functional business roles, we look for students who have:
• Pursuit of a college degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering/Software Engineering/Information Systems or related major.
• Coursework and/or exposure to MS Excel, MS Visio, JIRA, and other tracking tools.
• Exposure to methodologies to KANBAN, Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, SDLC.
• Ability to consistently collaborate with stakeholders in an open creative environment.
• High technical capability with a positive attitude while driving results.
• For Software Engineering and Mobile Development Opportunities:
• Pursuit of a college degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering/Software Engineering/Information Systems/ or related major.
• Work closely with your Supervisor and quickly identify coding challenges and how to resolve them.
• Passion for coding and the ability to communicate technically what you have worked on in the past.
• Related hands-on experience and/or coursework in one or more these languages:
• Middle -Tier Technologies: Java, PHP, C#, C , Web Services such as REST, API.
• Back-End Technologies: MS SQL, Oracle, NoSQL Type Databases, RedShift, Redhat.
• Scripting languages: Bash, Shell, Python, Ruby.
• LAMP Stack.
• Mobile Development: React Native, Objective-C, Cocoa, Swift (iOS, Android, OSX).