Head of Development/Creative
Wayfarer EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This role will be responsible for overseeing the creative development and curation of original scripted and unscripted digital/television series/pilots/pitches for Wayfarer based on the company's mission/vision and the current market landscape for potential distribution partners. The Head of Development/Creative has extensive experience in giving creative guidance and feedback on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Must have strong interpersonal skills, deep relationships within the industry, and excellent creative instincts on material. For this role, we are seeking someone who can apply their comprehensive knowledge of the digital/television landscape to shephard Wayfarer's development department to identify & source development opportunities to achieve Wayfarer's creative mission and fiscal goals.
- Build relationships with show creators and creative community.
- Assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
- Have an understanding of the current development market and sales opportunities.
- Build relationships with networks/distribution partners to inform development pipeline.
- Oversee departmental development and collaboration with writers/artists to develop series ideas, pitches and scripts.
- Supervise pilot production when series are greenlit.
- Primary development liaison to other department leads including Sales, Press, Production, and Business and Legal Affairs.
- Work closely with the development team to successfully realize the vision and creative potential of the each property.
- Supervise all aspects of development and develop effective procedures/systems to keep development running smoothly.
- Continually monitor status of development projects in progress to ensure on time and on budget deliveries.
- Work with production team to solve budgetary issues while maintaining the creative integrity of the project
- Working with sales team to attend pitch meetings as needed.
- Oversee television and digital development associates to create and develop new ideas: cover film, publishing, news, the internet and other
media to generate ideas for film, and contribute on an ongoing basis to the development process.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of the television and media industry
- Experience working with digital and television buyers
- Broad network of writers, producers and artists
- Self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team and alone
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with a high volume workload
- Strong writing and excellent communication skills
- Awareness of key industry players (agencies, management companies, studios, networks, and production companies)
- A strong understanding of the television and film development process
- A high integrity level and passion for, and caring about, the quality of projects the company produces
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online