Bilingual Feature Film Writer
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc.Pasadena, CA
Part Time Job
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date posted: July, 2021
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc., is a production company funded by China's Alibaba and Media Asia that develops feature films and television series for China's fast-growing market. Wavelets is looking for bilingual Chinese / English feature film writer to develop scripts catered to the Chinese audience in China.
- Read and research for the story
- Evaluate screenplays, loglines, and synopses
- Translate story materials
- Write, rewrite, localize & polish the script
- Attend creative meetings with development executives
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Proficient in Final Draft
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Positive attitude and receptive to development notes and creative feedback
- Willing to help in any manner possible, does not allow their work and duties to be defined by the job title
- Passionate about the Chinese Entertainment Industry
- Bachelor's or master's degree in filmmaking and/or screenwriting
- Compensation competitive / TBD.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and any sample materials.
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online