Senior Director - Human Resources
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Under the direction of the VP Human Resources the HR Director will provide guidance and support to employees and managers in all HR related matters. This position plays a leading role in Training & Development, Performance Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Relations, and Employee Separation activities.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer the Performance Appraisal and Development Program.
• Lead development and administration of Training & Development programs.
• Assist managers and staff members as they work through employee relationships, behavior and performance-related problems.
• Assists with employee relations issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations in consultation with the VP Human Resources.
• Ensure hiring, termination and discipline of organization employees is done consistently and in compliance with all applicable laws.
• Implements and monitors programs that promote diversity while creating and fostering an open and inclusive environment within the company.
• Coach Social Committee to provide quality programs to sustain morale and increase inclusiveness within the front office personnel.
• Develop and Administer Employee Recognition programs.
• Conducts exit interviews with employees via Survey Monkey and in person to determine the underlying reasons for termination of employment; also determines employee attitudes toward the company, supervisor, etc. and provides data to support trends.
• Oversees Unemployment Practices and implements practices designed to reduce Unemployment tax liabilities.
• Works with and provides direction to HR coordinator in responding to unemployment claims.
• Act as backup for VP HR, Benefits Director, and HR Managers as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Four year college degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• Minimum of 8 years exempt level human resources experience.
• Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience.
• Experience with Ultimate Software Products preferred.
• Experience working in HR Business Partner Model preferred.
• HR Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Knowledge of all pertinent US federal and state employment laws.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and HRIS systems.
• Ability to continuously evaluate all HR programs with an eye towards improvement and implementing new and best practices.
• Ability to coach managers and employees through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
• Project Management skills and ability to multi task, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral & written commuication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build and maintain effective and constructive relationships by being attentive and responsive and show honesty and integrity when dealing with people.
• Understand how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
• Team and/or sports experience preferred.
• Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
• Occasional evening & weekend work may be required.
• Minimal travel required.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• How did you hear about this job?