Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Payroll Coordinator will work with the Payroll Supervisor to process the Bi-Weekly Payroll and assist with the Semi-Monthly Payroll cycles. Processing includes but is not limited to the following: collection of payroll data by maintaining the payroll and timekeeping systems and enforcing company policies and procedures. Perform the tasks necessary to process payroll for all cycles and all employees on the WNBC payroll, including PT and FT Hourly as well as Salaried staff, players and contracted staff.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Point of contact for all ABI timekeeping questions
• Works with HR to ensure employee data is accurate in both Ultipro and ABI systems
• Verify and edit Bi-Weekly payroll, which includes Game Day/Event, FT non-exempt, and Part-Time employees
• Assist Payroll Supervisor with Semi-Monthly payroll, which includes Player, FT exempt, Contract, and Executive Staff
• Assist with, tracks and edits player/designated coaches tax locations based on jurisdiction
• Review and approve new hire records
• Track, edit, maintain events, hours worked and hourly rates in ABI time keeping system
• Track payments, PTO, garnishments, and benefit deductions in Ultipro
• Inputs manual payments, to include, Commissions, Cellphone, Meal Money, Housing Allowances, etc
• Verify and maintain the taxation of various earnings as required by authorities, including meals, housing/car/living allowances and fringe benefits
• Handles in-house printing and distribution of employee paychecks
• Electronically submit tax file, direct deposit, and 401k funding after payroll closing
• Reconcile, edit, and post payroll journal entry to the G/L
• Complete wire transfer requests for payroll accounts
• Provides supporting documentation for various audit requests
• Reconcile the general ledger liability accounts to the payroll withholdings on a monthly basis
• Handle all Year-end balancing and manage the W-2 process.
• Assist in various audits related to Workers Compensation, Pension Reporting, year-End and Revenue sharing as needed
• Respond timely to verbal or oral communications with all levels of staff
• Work with MLB to verify and update eligible employees for the Pension Plan
• Assist the Payroll Supervisor to ensure that all Company Payroll and Human Resource Policies are maintained and enforced.
Four year college degree preferred and a minimum of 2 years experience in payroll.
• Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data, detail oriented with solid organizational skills
• Ultipro Back Office preferred
• ABI Mastermind preferred
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employees.
• Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access. Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and have solid organizational skills.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?