Washington NationalsWest Palm Beach, FL
Full Time Job
Natpack - Ballpark Of The Palm Beaches
Reporting to the Director of Entertainment, the Washington Nationals are seeking fan-interactive and energetic team to work all Washington Nationals Spring Training home games at Ballpark of the West Palms and potential outside appearances. They are responsible for the implementation of fan interaction, in-game sponsorship activation, in-game entertainment, and brand marketing. They display a friendly, enthusiastic, positive, energetic, professional and outgoing attitude to Nats' fans at games and off-site appearances. NatPack members must be available for the entire spring training season and off season appearances as needed.
No candidate may presently be affiliated with or be a representative of any other semi-professional or professional athletic franchise.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Game operations responsibilities include: in-game promotions, escorting mascot, communicating and assisting with in-game host, prepping for gameday, keeping uniform in pristine condition, keeping the room clean and organized, assisting fans as needed/requested, etc.
• Interacting, motivating and energizing Nats' fans at all designated Nationals home games and Nationals events.
• Increasing interest and excitement of the Nationals through the distribution of in-game promotional materials and branding activities.
• Assisting in keeping all equipment organized, in good condition and stored appropriately after each game.
• Acting as supporting staff for Festivals, Special Events, Ticket Sales, Corporate Sales, Ballpark Enterprises as assigned in order to promote ticket sales, as well as the Nationals brand.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in entertainment/promotions and performing in front of and entertaining large crowds.
• Must be 18 years or older.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must be reliable and able to arrive at Ballpark of the West Palms at least 90 minutes prior to gametime.
• Must be available to work at all of the 2019 Nationals spring training home games and outside appearances as needed, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be courteous and have good listening and multi-tasking skills.
• NatPack must display professionalism whenever they are wearing the NatPack uniform, as they are brand ambassadors for the entire Washington Nationals organization.
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment and professional manner.
• Must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the West Palm Beach, FL area.
• Knowledge of baseball is preferred.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• High School or better
• How did you hear about this job?