Manager, Ticket Strategy and Analytics
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
This position, reporting to the Director, Ticket Strategy & Marketing Analytics, is responsible for steering the Nationals' ticket markets, including both primary and secondary markets and the relationship between them, with an eye towards optimizing the value of Nationals tickets. Data-driven analyses and recommendations will be required to develop a deep understanding of the ticket markets and inform crucial decision-making. This position will require knowledge and ability to build data processes that generate insights to inform near-real-time decision-making. The ideal candidate will understand systems architecture and database design, especially within ticketing systems and corresponding visualization tools, such as Tableau. Strong written and oral communications skills will be required, since this position will require interaction with Nationals' ticketing partners on a consistent basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute and manage key Nationals partnerships with large-scale ticket brokers
• Build database structures and views that enable near-real-time visualizations of ticket market and ancillary revenue datasets
• Maintain real-time analytics and visualizations around Nationals ticket markets and pricing
• Understand dynamics between primary and secondary ticket markets
• Work closely with the Director, Revenue Strategy & Analytics and Director, Ticket Strategy & Marketing Analytics in developing and implementing pricing recommendations across all Nationals ticketing channels
• Manage the allocation of broker inventory using Tickets.com's back-end interface, including ticket exchanges
• Extract key observations and insights regarding primary and secondary market from internal and external data sources
• Conduct detailed analysis on broker/secondary market performance within Tickets.com's replicated database
• Create and synthesize secondary-market dashboards and reports, primarily through Tableau platform
• Uphold the Nationals' values of Excellence, Performance and Accountability
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Undergraduate degree, with major in engineering, business, finance, or economics preferred
• 2 years of industry experience, with systems or database experience preferred
• Ideal candidate will have experience in sports industry, especially with a role in ticketing analytics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
• Proficiency in R and/or similar statistical platform preferred
• Proficiency in Python APIs preferred
• Proficiency in Tableau preferred
• Ideal candidate will have experience with Tickets.com platform
• Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor key messages to the appropriate audience
• Utmost standards of integrity in all business dealings
• Proficiency with database structures, schemas, architectures, and business intelligence tools
• Knowledge of P&L structures and levers to optimize revenues and costs, especially in dynamic consumer markets
• Ability to extract key insights from large, unstructured datasets and synthesize into key recommendations for leadership
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability - a self-starter
• Experience in developing presentations and presenting
• Position will require some weekend and/or evening work
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have experience working in Tickets.com?
• Do you have experience working in Python?