Manager, Inside Sales
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Ticket Sales, the Manager, Inside Sales is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, managing, mentoring and motivating a team of highly competitive entry level Inside Sales Representatives. The Inside Sales program is responsible for selling all ticket products for the Washington Nationals Baseball Club including Full Season, Half Season and Partial Season ticket plans, groups and single game suites. The ideal candidate for this position is a proven leader who has excelled in ticket sales and is highly motived, eager to learn, competitive, goal oriented and results driven.
While the primary focus will be on the development and day-to-day management of the Inside Sales staff, this position will also be heavily involved in the overall ticket sales strategy & campaign. The Manager, Inside Sales will collaborate with other members of the Ticket Sales & Services management team in order to achieve the organizational and departmental goals of the Washington Nationals.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit, hire, train, manage, mentor and motivate a staff of Inside Sales Representatives
• Manage the selling and servicing of Washington Nationals tickets including, but not limited to, season ticket plans, group tickets, hospitality offerings and suites both bundled and nightly
• Establish a culture of hard work, success and friendly competition
• Meet with Inside Sales Representatives on a regular basis to provide one-on-one feedback and coaching
• Meet with Inside Sales Representatives to discuss sales pipeline management and sales activity
• Organize and implement sales & activity contests to motivate and engage staff
• Maintain a physical presence on the sales floor to provide real-time coaching
• Assist Inside Sales Representatives with prospective client sales meetings
• Manage the scheduling and staffing of the Inside Sales Staff
• Meet or exceed Inside Sales Departmental sales goals
• Collaborate with Ticket Sales/Services/Operations management team to identify unique ideas for growth & expansion
• Assist with the planning/implementation/execution of sales & service events
• Establish relationships with local universities and other resources to build a pipeline of talented candidates
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• 3-5 Years' Experience in Ticket Sales
• 1-2 Years' Management Experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to successfully manage staff while maximizing their revenue production is necessary
• Excellent written and verbal communications, time management and interpersonal skills are required
• Gameday responsibilities include serving as Manager on Duty and assisting in Ticket Sales/Services initiatives
• Knowledge of Tickets.Com ticketing software and Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• Work will require weekend/holiday and/or evening work
• Bachelors or better
• How did you hear about this job?