Intern - Venue Services
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Venue Services Intern will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a Ballpark Operations Department, focusing specifically on initiatives related to food & beverage and sustainability. They will support the department on identifying new opportunities and initiatives in order to elevate the food and beverage experience within Nationals Park. They will also work with various members of the Ballpark Operations department to manage and create new and existing sustainability initiatives. The Venue Services Intern will receive a diverse experience while also contributing greatly to the department's effectiveness in running a world-class facility. Internship begins in March and ends in September with an expected commitment of 30 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the execution of our food service strategy
• Assist with food service projects and new initiatives
• Attend and observe food and beverage events at Nationals Park on a regular basis (including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed).
• Monitor industry trends and hospitality operations and make recommendations on improvements to the operations that drive (i) increased fan satisfaction with the food and beverage (ii) improved efficiency in the operation and (iii) improved financial performance.
• Coordinate, and assist with maintenance of our rooftop garden
• Assist with coordination of game specific food and beverage initiatives
• Create ongoing reports detailing the ballpark's food & beverage services.
• Create and support new green initiatives within the ballpark
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of two year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Strong organizational skills.
• Requires working on weekends and evenings on a regular basis
• Experience with creating well-researched, data-driven and analytical reports
• Game day Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from March to September?