Intern - Player Development
Washington NationalsWest Palm Beach, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Contribute to Washington Nationals Baseball Operations for the 2019 season as one of our highly valued interns. We're looking for dynamic individuals who can contribute to our Player Development operation at our Spring Training complex in West Palm Beach, Florida. The internship runs from February 1st through November 1st, and will include exposure to Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Gulf Coast League, and Instructional League. The position will work closely with Player Development executives, Minor League coaching staff, and professional baseball players. Decisions regarding the position will not be made until the Fall and Winter of 2018 and applicants being considered should not expect to be contacted before the end of the 2018 baseball season
The Player Development internship includes an emphasis on assignments related to the Nationals farm system and development of professional players. We value candidates with playing experience, familiarity with minor league baseball, and/or Spanish language skills.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Minor League coaching staff with various projects including advance reports and player transactions
• Compile and distribute daily and monthly reports for Baseball Operations
• Manage recurring tasks such as organizing roster boards, updating depth charts, and disseminating daily reports
• Ad hoc data analysis projects
• Support with general office work including mailings, guest interaction, document production and filing
• Assist with player transportation needs
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail
• Driver's license
• Spanish speaking skills valued highly
• Demonstrated passion for baseball and baseball operations
• Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively
• Ability to use time efficiently
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?