Intern - Operations and Administration
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is a non-profit organization with the mission of using baseball and softball as vehicles to foster positive character development, academic achievement and improved health among Washington, D.C. youth living in underserved communities. The Academy is currently seeking a hard-working and self-motivated individual to assist its administrative staff this fall. While answering to the Senior Director of Operations, this internship requires the ability to work with several staff members on varying tasks. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, filing, photocopying, data entry, and providing general support on the field and/or in the classroom. This internship is unpaid.
Tasks and Duties:
• Filing and organizing information on scholar-athletes, coaches, staff, and volunteers.
• Photocopying, scanning, and printing.
• Supporting full-time Academy staff in both office-related duties (e.g. contract administration, accounts receivables/payables, policies and procedures, and event management) and classroom/field activities.
• Help with setup/breakdown of Academy events
• Data entry into various databases
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong time management skills.
• Experience working in an office setting, ideally for small or non-profit organization.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Community service hours can be requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience working in sports-related field preferred.
• Experience working in an office setting preferred.
• Experience in youth development preferred.
• Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
• Ability to work with several individuals on different projects.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Field: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Operations/Administrative Intern encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Operations/Administrative Intern will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions and will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. Job requires the Operations/Administrative Intern to function in a high activity sports venue. While performing the duties of this job, the Operations/Administrative Intern is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, run, jump, and climb up/down stairs.
• How did you hear about this job?