Intern - Guest Experience
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are currently seeking a Guest Experience Intern for the 2019 season. The Intern's primary responsibilities will be assisting in helping Guest Experience all facets. They are needed to help ensure that various tasks are completed during the season within a timely manner. The internship program will provide the students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a professional baseball organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with Guest Experience Wardrobe, ensuring that uniform inventories are maintained
• Support our Guest Experience Lost and Found Program
• General day to day management of the Ballpark Tours communications; will be responsible for assisting with logistics for all tours (booking, payment, etc)
• Assist the Manager and Director with day to day events
• Assist with TEAM Service Rewards and Recognition Administration.
• Assist with set up, break down and distribution of promotional items
• Assist in the production of the operation newsletter and event briefing sheet
• General clerical office duties, filing and data entry
• Help greet and direct guests to areas in the ballpark upon their arrival
• Ability to assist in non-game day events with staffing and operations
• Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Park
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Currently enrolled or just completed an under graduate or graduate program of an accredited College or University.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Successfully complete a Background Investigation.
• Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program.
• Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
• Communicate articulately and detail oriented.
• Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs may be required.
• Multitasker with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
• Ability to remain calm and positive under stressful situations and project a professional image at all times.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Conditions are normal for an office environment and there may be occasional weekend and/or evening duties.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
• How did you hear about this job?