Intern - Advance Scouting
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Contribute to Washington Nationals Baseball Operations for the 2019 season as one of our highly valued interns. We're looking for talented individuals who can impact the Nationals by specializing in work related to Advance Scouting. This internship is for the 2019 season and typically spans from Opening Day to November 1st. Decisions regarding the position will not be made until the Fall and Winter of 2018 and applicants being considered should not expect to be contacted before the end of the 2018 baseball season.
This internship includes assisting the Advance Scouting department with analyzing, compiling, organizing and distributing the Advance Report for Nationals' opponents. This report provides information on opposing players and teams using data, scouting information, video and advance metrics. It requires attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage recurring tasks such as sending daily briefings and preparing video playlists
• Collect and analyze pertinent information on upcoming opponents
• Assist players and coaching staff with their game preparation.
• Distribute the advance report packet and relevant video to players and staff via multiple platforms.
• Assist the Baseball research and development group with projects related to advance scouting and Major League strategy.
• Support with general office work and other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail
• Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively
• Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and use time efficiently
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex material to individuals with a varying range of background at an appropriate level.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?