Inside Sales Representative
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Job
Reporting to Manager of Sales Development, the Representative of Inside Sales participates in a sales development program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the sports sales industry.
The Washington Nationals are seeking motivated and driven individuals to join the Nationals Inside Sales Department for the 2018 season. These individuals will receive detailed and comprehensive sports sales training with a strong focus on developing the skills necessary to become an industry sales leader. The training will benefit the individual's career growth as a full menu sports sales representative. Day to day leadership is provided by the Manager of Sales Development.
This position is a commission driven, part-time position that does not include benefits.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ticket Sales and Service
• Sell new full season tickets, partial season tickets, group tickets, and premium seats including nightly suites.
• Establishes relationships by making outbound phone calls, setting face to face appointments, and booking ballpark tours to current and prospective clients.
• Meet or exceed daily outbound call volume as set by Manager, Sales Development.
• Work games, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
• Meets or exceeds weekly and monthly sales goals.
• Provides excellent customer service at all times on the phone and in person at Nationals Park
• Present self in professional manner, and show ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Actively assists customer service efforts by emailing and mailing invoices, tickets, or promotion materials to current and prospective clients.
• Display high level of integrity, positivity, and accountability in all aspects of the job.
Maintain Accurate Records
• Maintains computerized records of all season ticket customers and prospective clients with our CRM system.
Thrive in a Team Setting
• Must be team-orientated, and able to work well in team environment.
• Performs gameday duties such as visiting clients, providing customer service at the sales table, or answering inbound phone calls.
• Actively assists with non-game events, such as NatsFest, Picnic at the Park, Select-A-Seat.
• Represents the Washington Nationals organization at offsite community events promoting Nationals ticket opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Sales Development, Sr. Director of Ticket Sales, and Vice President and Managing Director, Sales and Client Service.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Four year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field.
• Proficient in basic computer software programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
Required (critical to successful job performance)
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills as well as very strong interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone.
• Demonstrate ability to deliver effective results and meet tight deadlines in a sales environment.
• Strong work ethic and passion to build a career in professional sports sales.
• This position requires some traveling around the ballpark to visit clients during home games, with the ability to escort and show clients different aspects of the ballpark.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?