Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Washington Nationals Ball Girls are a staple on the field. Ball Girls are responsible for fielding foul balls and giving them to Nationals fans. They also bring a pitcher's jacket from the bull pen to the dugout when a new pitcher enters the game. Ball Girls are the only people on the field for the entire game that aren't players or umpires. The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Field foul balls and give them to Nationals fans (particularly kids)
• Interact with the fans, near respective ball girl post (1B/3B)
• Retrieve bullpen jackets when a new pitcher enters the game from your perspective side (1B/3B)
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Previous organized softball experience preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must have the physical ability to perform athletic activities in all weather conditions.
• Must have strong communication skills, with a positive, energetic personality.
• Must be knowledgeable about the game of baseball. Be able to avoid fair balls and field balls and know the difference between the two.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?