Account Executive, Group Sales
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Group Sales, the Account Executive of Group Sales' responsibilities include the planning, organizing, directing, controlling and execution of the company sales and retention programs through assigned duties to achieve optimum ticket sales volume and ensure the desired sales results while performing the following duties.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maximize sales opportunities for group tickets and hospitality areas
• Develop, oversee and execute fully-integrated major theme nights
• Full menu selling, inclusive of: nightly suite rentals, premium club seats (groups and season ticket packages), hospitality events, and traditional season ticket packages
• Develop strong account relationships through scheduled and strategic account touchpoints
• Identify opportunities to up-sell/cross-sell current client base
• Provide world class customer service to existing group accounts and season ticket package clients
• Contact leads for new group and season ticket packages through aggressive outbound sales efforts
• Prospect for new Washington Nationals clientele (groups and season tickets)
• Attend/staff networking, marketing and community events as needed
• Conduct in-person sales-related client meetings both out of the office and in the ballpark
• Host and visit current and prospective clients during home games
• Maintain organized computerized records of all current and prospective clients in company database
• Submit planned activities on a daily basis prior to beginning sales day or leaving the office for outside sales calls
• Submit prompt accurate reports and maintain up-to-date accurate account records
• Attain individual and departmental sales goals set by management
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
• A minimum of two years' work experience in professional/collegiate sports, specifically related to season ticket sales, group sales, premium sales or customer service/retention
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to speak clearly and present sales materials in front of top executives, clients and large groups
• Ability to network with the region's top decision makers
• Ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Microsoft Dynamics
• Ability to complete basic contract invoices, templates and outlines
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to maneuver around the ballpark while visiting clients and showcasing seating options to prospective clients during home games
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed: including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Understanding the need for data integrity and attentiveness to maintaining accurate and timely data
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize all Microsoft Office products
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?