VP, Strategy, Planning & Reporting
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia seeks a VP, Strategy, Planning & Reporting for DC Entertainment. This role oversees the finance and business development activities and focuses on driving change and growth for the business. This VP is a partner and advisor to the General Manager.
The position leads the strategic planning, financial planning and reporting, and business decision support activities.
• Business Development
• Drive development of strategic plans and partners with senior executives to implement strategy, design performance metrics and monitor planned results. Examples include new lines of business, market entry strategies, new business model paradigms, strategic alliances, acquisitions, etc. Ensure that business unit resource plans are aligned with strategic direction and optimize return on investment.
• Direct and oversee delivery of strategic and financial presentations to senior executives.
• Business Analytics & Planning
• Lead development and drives ownership of business metrics in support of strategic objectives. Creates alignment with DC Comics business owners.
• Advise and partner with business owners on operational impact of new business plans, resource plans, space plans, new deal analysis, ultimates, budgets, sales presentations, cost savings opportunities and other financial matters.
• Prepare & Report Operating Plans
• Direct the development, consolidation and systems delivery in SAP of the BU's worldwide operating plans, including: long term plans, budgets, rolling forecasts, cash and capital budgets, ultimates and sales plans. Lead team to provide detailed analysis of plan assumptions and variance to plan explanations to BU and Corporate Finance management.
• Financial Close and BU Management Reporting
• Direct the consolidation of the BU's worldwide operating results in the format required by Corporate FRB for financial reporting purposes as well as in the format required by BU senior executives for management reporting purposes.
• Design and develop management reports to facilitate business decision support activities for BU senior executives.
• Monitor Operating Results
• Lead review of operating results, including monitoring and evaluating actual financial performance against operating plans and partnering with executives to ensure divisional profit goals are attained.
• Drive communication with senior executive team to ensure alignment on financial pacing and results.
• Other special projects as required.
• Minimum 10 years experience in consulting, strategic planning, or finance required
• Big 4 public accounting or comparable consulting firm experience required
• Experience with accounting, tax and business issues required
• Entertainment and/or publishing industry experience preferred
• Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business or related field required
• MBA and/or CPA required
• Thorough knowledge of capital allocation and valuation principles
• Strong presentation skills – creative clear and concise narratives
• Knowledge of accounting principles
• Financial Systems Skills: ERP (SAP or Oracle) experience required
• PC Skills: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, SQL and/or Visio required
• Must be able to develop and implement projects
• Must have high ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.