Full Time Job
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Summary of the role
The role is within the EMEA Order to Cash (OTC) team, part of the Warner Media GBS Group (Global Business Services), and reports to the OTC Manager. The EMEA AR team is responsible for multiple international ledgers, business units and currencies. The current responsibility for this role is the collection of outstanding debt for the subscription line of business, including both HBO and Turner networks across EMEA, ensuring customers adhere to their agreed payment terms. An initial focus for the role will be to assist with the implementation of new accounting software and the associated automated collections function and processes. Other key aspects of the role will be to provide a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers, by effective management of customer accounts and invoice disputes with prompt escalation of issues within agreed SLAs for the department.
• Achieve DSO reduction and cash collection targets by the effective collection of outstanding debt for the designated regions/ledgers, within agreed payment terms.
• Work closely with Sales teams to support sales for the business by providing a high level of Customer Service for all customers, with a particular focus on Key Accounts for the business.
• Effective management of both automated and manual collection function, including Dunning letters and outsourcing to external Debt Collection Agents.
• Perform regular ledger reviews with sales and recommend action required for delinquent clients.
• Provide clients with invoices, statements and reconciliations as needed.
• Effective management of account/invoice disputes, both with internal and external customers, to ensure disputes are resolved effectively and efficiently.
• As per collection strategies defined, escalation of debt and recommendations for account blocks where appropriate.
• Identification of bad debt and preparation of documentation as appropriate.
• Chasing customers for Withholding Tax certificates as required and following appropriate regional processes.
• Providing customers with Residence certificates as required.
• Assist cash application team with applying funds to customer accounts as required.
Areas of accountability
• The team is responsible for collections for the HBO and Turner EMEA ledgers across multiple BUs, Licensors, lines of business and currencies.
• Annual subledger collections of $900m.
• Liaise with Sales/Finance teams across EMEA, 100 employees.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience within a global collections' environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken Hungarian and English.
• Intermediate Excel and Word.
• Strong track record of DSO and aged debt reduction.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Additional European language skills.
• Experience working with an automated collections software tool such as GetPaid, Ero57 etc.
• ICM qualification.
• High personal integrity with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and goal driven environment
• Good negotiation skills
• Demonstrated Analytical and Mathematical Skills
• Ability to work effectively across departmental teams
• Demonstrated Accounting and Finance Skills
• Experience in data entry and verification of information entered
• Collaboration with other teams in the shared service centre, PTP and RTR, and across global centres, especially London.
• Support business partners across multiple European locations.
Our people make WM the inspiring organization it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands