VP, Internal Audit
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Internal Audit
Job Title: Vice President, Internal Audit
Why this could be your next big break:
Due to an expanded remit our team is growing, and we are looking for agile, innovative leaders to help us on our journey. The Vice President, Internal Audit reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Internal Audit and Risk Management. The Vice President is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of our internal audit plan including risk assessment, project management, execution, and reporting that drives results, accountability, and the perception of real value. The Vice President is a key leader responsible for driving the evolution of our audit processes and enhancing the department's activities.
Here you'll get to:
• Operate as a thought leader and champion of the Internal Audit vision and strategy by supporting and actively engaging with the team and our business partners
• Develop and deliver a thoughtful internal audit plan which reflects the priorities of the organization and includes SOX compliance, operational audits, and ad hoc projects
• Enhance audit methodology and oversee consistent application of the methodology throughout our audit process
• Lead the global SOX program including scoping, control testing, remediation, deficiency evaluation, and reporting processes and provide technical internal control and audit expertise
• Drive the execution of high-quality affiliate audits by applying and continuously improving audit processes
• Set a high standard and clear expectations for the team; challenge, encourage, motivate, and inspire individuals to maximize their potential to achieve individual and department objectives
• Manage department resources, including co-source partner, to ensure effective and efficient utilization
• Design and implement processes to consistently deliver high-quality, timely work products
• Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization
• Be a great business partner; establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team, co-sourcing partner, external auditors, and with leaders across the business
• Develop pragmatic and sustainable solutions to enhance the control environment
• Continually identify and drive solutions for greater efficiency and value in all we do
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Exhibit a mastery of GAAP, SOX, COSO, IT audit concepts, and leading business practices
• Demonstrate exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to speak the language of the business not just 'audit speak'
• Demonstrate strong project management skills
• Speak persuasively and defend complex positions effectively
• Thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously
• Be a highly motivated self-starter that is innovative with a desire to continuously improve processes and the control environment
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Effectively mentor, coach, and develop teams
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Office applications including Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Word, Project, and Visio
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field
• A minimum of 15 years of experience overall in some combination of internal audit, Big 4 public accounting, risk management, and/or an operational finance role
• A minimum of 10 years of experience managing and developing teams
• Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, and GRC software
• CPA preferred, CIA, CISA, or other relevant designation
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.