VP Internal Audit and Sox Compliance
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP Internal Audit and Sox Compliance
Job Title: Vice President, Internal Audit and SOX Compliance
Why this could be your next big break:
The Vice President, Internal Audit and SOX Compliance reports directly to the SVP, Internal Audit. The Vice President is a key leader responsible for innovating audit processes and enhancing the department's activities. The Vice President is also responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of our SOX program including scoping, program management, execution, and reporting that drives results, accountability, and the perception of real value.
Here you'll get to:
• Operate as a thought leader and champion of the Internal Audit vision and strategy by supporting and actively communicating with the team and our business partners
• Direct and deliver the global SOX program including scoping, control testing, remediation recommendations, deficiency evaluation, and reporting processes and provide technical internal control and audit expertise
• Set a high standard and clear expectations for the team; challenge, encourage, and motivate individuals to maximize their potential to achieve individual and department objectives
• Manage team resources and work plans to ensure effective and efficient utilization
• Ensure the delivery of high quality, timely work products
• Be a great partner; establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team, co-sourcing partners, external auditors, and with leaders across the business
• Continually identify and drive solutions for greater efficiency and value in all we do
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Exhibit a strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, COSO, IT audit concepts, and leading business practices
• Demonstrate exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to speak the language of the business not just 'audit speak'
• Speak persuasively and defend complex positions effectively
• Thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously
• Be a highly motivated self-starter that is innovative with a desire to continuously improve processes and the control environment
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Effectively mentor, coach, and develop teams
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Office applications including Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Word, Project, and Visio
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field
• A minimum of 12 years of experience overall in some combination of internal audit, public accounting, risk management, and/or a business operational role such as finance or IT
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing and developing teams
• Experience with Thomson Reuters eGRC Tool, SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, or Tableau
• CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, or other relevant designation
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality services that deliver traditional Internal Audit assurance in a non-traditional way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, internal investigations, and proactive involvement in major strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department works proactively with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and deliver results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business partners that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit processes and leverage technology to ensure that we are maximizing our impact on the business. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization. We are looking for progressive, creative thinkers to help us on our journey.