Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Vice President, FP&A Warner Music Group
The VP of FP&A will be responsible for analyzing and coordinating financial and planning analyses as well as initiatives as viewed through a financial lens in a strategic planning capacity. The broad group is responsible for providing financial and strategic support for all of WMG segments (Corporate, Recorded Music, and Music Publishing):
• Leading central financial planning activities in support of overall WMG strategy and business development, including developing financial models, business plans, and long-term growth strategies in partnership with other departments
• Providing financial and strategic support to labels, departments and senior management; serving as business advisor on various projects across WMG
• Producing / maintaining advanced knowledge of industry, competitive activity, and ongoing trends
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Oversee and develop financial models and strategic assessments to address key business issues, including evaluation of new business models, competitive analyses, business and operational planning, ROI analyses of WMG's investments in new businesses and technologies, etc.
• Work with departments and business development to assist in assessing potential M&A targets; conduct pre- and post-transaction M&A deal analyses and valuations
• Assist, and lead where necessary, due diligence on potential acquisition targets
• Manage approval process for executive approval-level deals, including preparation and submission of transaction summaries
• Conduct Recorded Music and Music Publishing artist deal analysis on major new signings globally and assist in establishing best practices and optimal deal structures at the affiliate levels
• Support WMG's global target and budget process, including evaluating global music market forecasts by territory, quantifying investment opportunities and returns and accounting for financial impact of various operational events/decisions
• Develop and enhance necessary dashboards to track business performance, identify trends and proactively engage with functional leaders to stay ahead of the curve
• Drive the analysis of key financial metrics and aid in the preparation of Investor Relations presentations
• Provide support for CEO/CFO, board presentations, valuations, competitive analysis, etc.
• Strong understanding of finance and DCF concepts/principles in conjunction with excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to identify and solve problems
• Sophisticated financial modeling skills; ability to create new models as well as 'refresh' existing financial models
• Ability to deliver value added analyses and effectively communicate results to senior management.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently as well as to work as part of a team; handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while working with a sense of urgency to meet assigned deadlines
• Knowledge of music/media industry strong plus
• Ideally, 3-5 years of prior experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, business development, or other analytic role
• BA in Finance/Accounting/Economics
• 10-12 years of finance-related experience
• MBA/CFA desirable, but not required
Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the world's best-known record labels including Asylum, Atlantic, Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Sire and Warner Bros. Recording artists include breakthrough sensations such as Dua Lipa and Cardi B, global superstars like Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars, and legends such as Madonna and Led Zeppelin. Warner/Chappell Music, the company's music publishing arm, has a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide, from songwriters ranging from Beyoncé to Katy Perry, Justin Tranter to Stephen Sondheim. In the last twelve months, the company has accelerated the diversification of its business, acquiring companies including UPROXX, the youth culture platform, and EMP, one of Europe's leading merchandise e-tailers.