VP, Workplace Strategy & Facilities
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Workplace Strategy & Facilities
High Level Job Description: The Vice President, Workplace Strategy & Facilities will lead the team responsible for the company's West Coast headquarters to offer best in class service to our clients . The goal of this position is to drive value through effective leadership, financial insight, and innovative business strategies. This position works closely with management throughout the organization, to ensure the strategic goals and values are achieved.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities:
Real Estate Portfolio Management
• Support management of WMG's West Coast lease portfolio.
• Identify and implement a lease document management system to provide direction to senior leadership and manages the portfolio content.
• Manage transactions in connection with real estate acquisitions, dispositions, lease renewals, lease terminations, etc.
• Prepare financial analysis and support documents for real estate leasing and sales transactions.
• Coordination and oversight of construction projects.
• Responsible for the delivery and creation of project schedules and managing projects within budget guidelines in a timely manner.
• Manage both external third party service providers and internal customers to ensure business units receive the appropriate service level and quality at the lowest possible cost.
• Improve and maintain a lease administration database.
• Prepare various presentations for senior management.
Hospitality & Workplace Strategy
• Partner effectively with a variety of business units as it relates to the planning and execution of special events.
• Act as Project Manager and lead innovation initiatives for the organizati on .
• Develop strong customer relationships through professional and polished client communications, anticipate any inefficiencies or quality issues and work to quickly resolve
• Prepare and document a set of performance metrics to monitor usage, productivity of staff, and client satisfaction.
• Gain business unit and senior management buy-in/alignment staying abreast of their goals and needs.
• Drive consistency of West Coast operations, identify best practices , and lead implementations .
• Frame and quantify opportunities for cost savings, streamlining operations and transformational initiatives .
• Mentor and develop middle management, develop bench strength, and create measurable goals that drive property and employee success .
• Develop and maintain relationship s with building management ; resolve issues and concerns between the parties .
• Conduct RFP (Request for Proposals) or RFI (Request for Information) on services and products to support office services and find ways to reduce spend .
Facilities & Supervisory Duties
• Work closely with the real estate department to implement best practices in operations and maintenance.
• Analyze, prioritize, plan, schedule and manage building projects.
• Respond to and report emergency situations during work hours and off-hours.
• Ensure re-certifications and compliance with state building codes, OSHA, and other outside agencies.
• Prepare, present and manage annual facilities budget.
• Negotiate third party contracts with vendors in accordance with policy.
• Advise and assist in the development and execution of all building plans.
• Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to the west coast facilities team through regular communication, staff meetings, and performance reviews.
• Establish and implement departmental and staff goals that support the institutional mission and priorities.
• Collaborate with all other departments and serve as Facilities Department's primary liaison.
• Direct and oversee the day-to-day schedules and activity of facilities staff to assure timely, cost effective, and correct completion of work.
• Partner with Human Resources as needed to resolve employee relations issues.
• Demonstrate respect to ensure positive professional relationships with staff and vendors.
• Effective in community outreach and be connected to local services in the area.
• Superior supervising, management, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to run projects, manage timelines, and project budgets.
• Strong strategic thinker, pro active.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Manage multiple projects and work with cross-functional teams from various business units and departments.
• Strong finance, modeling, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Well organized – able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Excellent negotiation and people/management skills.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
• Masters a plus
• 10 years working in hospitality and real estate , experience in closing and/or completed multiple development projects (project management or brokerage firm)
• 5 years of facilities management experience
• Must be willing to travel, as needed
• Microsoft Office, AutoCad