Sr. Coordinator, Youtube Strategy & Operations
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Coordinator, YouTube Strategy & Operations
High Level Job Description:
Reporting to the Senior Manager/Director of YouTube Strategy & Operations, the Senior Coordinator of YouTube Strategy & Operations will play a key role in maximizing the value of the Warner Music off-roster catalogue on YouTube. This position will primarily be responsible for the execution of YouTube strategies, including channel management, video optimization, YouTube merchandising & channel engagement tools, playlisting, and activating premium content. The person in this position will also be asked to perform analysis on video performance and help refine strategies as the service evolves. As the role evolves, the candidate may be asked to supervise junior team members and contribute to broader Commerce department objectives.
This role is an excellent opportunity to learn the YouTube ecosystem, become fluent with the commercial streaming business, and develop first-rate analysis and communication skillsets.
The ideal candidate will be a communicative, technically-fluent, and highly-organized hustler with a passion for music and a penchant for getting the job done.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities:
• Implement channel management, channel optimization, and video optimization strategies for Warner off roster repertoire on YouTube.
• Identify premium asset gaps across the breadth of the catalog and collaborate inter-departmentally to clear repertoire; analyze the value of competing UGC to redirect consumption toward newly created premium assets.
• Assist in administering multiple video release and clearance schedules, ensuring cleared and monetized uploads are delivered on-time and with proper messaging, commerce links, and appropriate merchandising.
• Manage video asset delivery, including vault research, encoding, and basic audio/video editing functions.
• Develop fluency with full suite of YouTube channel engagement tools and ideate and help execute use cases for catalog.
• Engage with WEA YouTube and Content Protection Teams to implement rights management strategies with an aim toward fully monetizing off roster audio-visual rights on YouTube and ensuring compliance on longform takedowns.
• Perform playlisting research and ideation to both identify and create compelling homes for the legendary Warner Music Group catalogue.
• Assist in the performance of ad-hoc and ongoing analysis to inform the success of new initiatives.
• Assist in providing management reporting, ensuring accuracy of figures and contributing sound insights and strategy recommendations.
• Assist in the compiling of priority pitches to accounts.
• Assist in managing the flow of information between Rhino/GCM and YouTube through regular update calls and priority pitches.
• Contribute to department brainstorm sessions.
• 2-3 years professional experience. Music business and/or YouTube experience a plus.
• Professional experience with YouTube CMS & channel management is a huge plus.
• Strong technical literacy and familiarity with photo and video editing software.
• Analytically minded and data-fluent with strong organizational and project management skills.
• Social media literacy.
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with both creative and business-oriented colleagues and partners.
• Facility with Microsoft Office and comfort using Excel.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Economics & English majors a plus)
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.