Sr. Coordinator, Copyright
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Sr. Coordinator, Copyright - Film & TV
A little bit about our team:
We are a global music publishing company, home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. Here, you will be serving as Sr. Coordinator, Film & TV in our Copyright department. Along with the rest of the Copyright team, you will be working with our US based and International staff to administer rights on behalf of our catalog.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be working at a major music publishing company, interacting with numerous departments (Legal, Licensing, Royalties, and Finance). Here, you'll help to administer a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide; serving as a key contact for our Film & TV copyrights. You will be part of a team which is responsible for the set-up, circulation, and registration of US copyrights and commercials.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate and interact with representatives of the Legal, Licensing, Royalties and Finance Departments as well as, the Harry Fox Agency, BMI, ASCAP, record companies, and the public regarding Film & TV copyright issues.
• Research and respond to inquiries related to claims, counter-claims, and split-disputes, as well as researching and responding to inquiries related to Film & TV usages.
• Process incoming cue sheet information and service Film data to affiliate offices.
• Service and track song data related to Film & TV and musical theatre registrations submitted to U.S. performing rights societies.
• Process and register commercials at the applicable U.S. performing rights society.
• Process and submit copyright registrations to the U.S. copyright office when necessary.
• Assist with album processing, catalog updates, research projects, affiliate notifications, song file imaging, and various other projects assigned by management.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Read and understand materials and documents and can recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
• Have excellent phone skills and email etiquette.
• Be a self-starter, self-motivated, and take responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• A strong work ethic.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate or bachelor's degree with a major in business administration, coursework to have included principles of music and/or copyright law is preferred.
• One to two (1-2) years of copyright or similar experience within a music publishing company.
• Or a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.