Sr. Analyst, Business Development
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Analyst, Business Development
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Business Development
A little bit about our team:
Work with a dynamic team who sits at the center of Warner/Chappell's global deal ecosystem and oversee signings and acquisitions from offices around the world. We work across multiple departments to ensure we fully understand the financial impact of potential signings, and we use that information to help guide the deal making process.
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, you will be responsible for the financial review of all deal making worldwide and works with Business Development team to ensure the company's investments meet appropriate risk/return thresholds. You will be joining an exciting company and have the opportunity to come away from the experience knowing a great deal about how the music publishing business operates.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare financial models for new signings, acquisitions, and business ventures.
• Perform financial diligence for any potential catalog acquisitions.
• Interact with senior A&R staff, senior management, and New York business development staff.
• Track annual investment spending and prepare appropriate reports for senior management review.
• Interact with outside attorneys and managers as needed.
• Analyze financial data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to management.
• Manage post-mortem process with Warner Music Group FP&A team. Work with necessary departments and foreign divisions to develop analysis for presentation to senior management.
• Manage weekly US deal submission process. Work with LBA and A&R divisions to ensure the deal terms are clearly presented to senior management.
• Develop market analysis tools using data from corporate and internal sources that will assist senior management in determining WCM's investment strategy.
Rockstar candidates will be able to/have:
• A baccalaureate degree with a major in Finance.
• 3-4 years of responsible professional experience in accounting, financial management, investment banking, or, a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced emphases in Excel and working knowledge of pivot tables.
• Knowledge of general business practices.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Produce quality work and be accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well on a team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated and take responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently take initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
• Demonstrate strong research, analytical and mathematical skill.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Degree coursework that included principles of investment banking, accounting and/or related systems.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.