Senior Project Manager
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Project Manager
The WMG Global Technology Project Management Office was created to unify the global IT portfolio, program, & project management competencies under one organization. We are responsible for the people, processes, & tools needed to provide these competencies to the global WMG Technology Organization and its customers. We are enabling the move to one unified, global IT organization by establishing & implementing best practices, and maintaining standards related to portfolio, program, & project management, planning, & execution. We strive to improve the consistency, efficiency, and costs of global program & project delivery and to drive improved benefits realization through effective planning and execution.
Title: Senior Project Manager
High Level Job Description:
Within the Global Project Management Organization (PMO), the Senior Project Manager must have experience leading digital initiatives, demonstrated capabilities working with creative teams, interacting with senior business and technology stakeholders, and interpreting business needs for customer facing solutions. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery and management of projects with focus on schedule, scope, budget and issue/risk identification and mitigation. This includes hands-onprogram and project management using best practices and techniques to ensure our products and services are reliable, delivered on time, and meet growing business demand. The successful candidate will be a true change agent, have excellent problem solving skills, a drive to make a difference, strong communication abilities, and experience leading complex projects and programs. They will work closely with the project team and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure high quality successful project deliverables. Candidates must have the ability to motivate teams and lead them to continuous improvement in process and product.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Ensure proper project planning occurs, including initial scoping, project inception documentation, and initial estimates for scope, effort, cost, and schedule
• Create project plans and execute against them, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Adhering to PMO governance standards, communications, and schedules
• Managing scope creep and change
• Liaison with key business stakeholders
• Meeting and management of key milestones and critical path
• Day-to-day project management
• Budget management and forecasting
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities. Where necessary, negotiate with others to properly allocate required resources to the project
• Ability to motivate and maintain project momentum. Ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget with a high level of customer/business satisfaction
• Generating status and summary reports
• Effectively apply PMO delivery methodology and enforce project standards.
• Identify, document, and communicate the stakeholder involvement required to ensure the project's success
• Assists with internal and external communication with a focus on transparency
• Identify and remove impediments
• Manage risks and issues
• Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution
• Plans and facilitates the various team and stakeholder meetings (daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective and planning)
• Strong leadership skills
• Innate capability to create order out of chaos
• Great presentation skills
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and people skills
• PMP Certified
• Agile familiarity
• MS Project
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related discipline
• Ability to demonstrate expertise with at least 7 (preferably 10 ) years of progressive project/program management experience managing large-scale cross-functional and global project teams
• Demonstrable success at project delivery
• Delivery of both short-term and long-term projects
• Must be a team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and cross organizational boundaries
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
• Passion for excellence and process improvement
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2015 Warner Music Inc.