Senior Manager, Marketing Insights
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Marketing Insights
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Research+Analysis team within WEA, Warner Music Group's distribution division.
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R+A's global digital team, working with WEA Account Management, Labels, International Teams, and Business Development to understand the trends and dynamics driving major streaming services and music consumption. Our goal for this role is to help establish best practices for breaking hits and sustaining catalog repertoire across YouTube and other social platforms.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role, you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists connect with streaming fans. Because the R+A team works closely with departments all across the company, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of a global record label - and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop a body of knowledge around YouTube ad sales and relevant metrics (CPMs, CPCs, fill rates, etc.), and identify resulting revenue opportunities
• Perform analysis on video performance at YouTube and help labels establish best practices to maximize views and revenue
• Create analyses on partner trends, campaigns, and user behavior for account management, business development, labels, and international markets
• Communicate findings and insights to senior management to establish best practices and growth opportunities, and to guide analysis into action and results
• Provide labels and marketing teams with strategic guidance in promoting and monetizing content through ad-supported channels
• Work with labels in establishing benchmarks of influencer marketing campaigns and track impact on artist socials and consumption
• With a suite of influencer marketing tools that WMG has partnered with, identify potential candidates for campaigns and assist with running tests
• Prepare monthly reporting of KPIs for relevant accounts
• Collaborate with R+A team members to explore research projects and help develop the collective body of knowledge on streaming
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects within the R+A team as needed
Rockstar candidates will:
• Have hands-on experience with ad-supported music business on YouTube, Vevo, and Soundcloud and background in video optimization
• Deep knowledge of digital advertising concepts, metrics, and pricing
• Have hands-on experience with SQL coding with approx. 50% of data expected to be pulled by candidate from Qubole
• Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) and experience with PowerPoint maing decks and presentations for senior management
• Intellectually curious and self-directed
• Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Well-organized and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics or Finance preferred
• 5+ years of experience working in entertainment or media
• YouTube certified, with experience running or analyzing ad-buys on YouTube or similar platforms
• Experience running Influencer Marketing campaigns and estimating campaign ROI
• Experience working with influencer marketing and/or social listening tools
• Hands-on experience with Tableau or similar visualization tools
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.