Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Job Title: Senior Manager, Internal Audit
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit (IA) vision is to provide high quality services that deliver traditional Internal Audit assurance and advisory services in a non-traditional way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, internal investigations, and proactive involvement in strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department works proactively with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and deliver results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business partners that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit processes and leverage technology to ensure that we are maximizing our impact on the business. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization. We are looking for progressive, creative thinkers to help us on our journey.
Why this could be your next big break:
We're interested in highly motivated and talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box and have a passion for financial accounting. If you're seeking opportunities to manage risk, drive change, and improve processes, WMG IA is the place for you. The Senior Internal Audit Manager reports directly to the VP of Internal Audit & Risk Management at WMG's New York headquarters and is responsible for making meaningful contributions to functional development activities including audit methodology, tool and audit process development. The Senior Internal Audit Manager is also responsible for leading audits and projects on our audit plan; overseeing our internal audit processes through planning, execution, and reporting that drives results, accountability and real value; and coaching and developing future leaders.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage assurance and advisory audit engagements from planning through execution and reporting; this includes SOX walkthroughs and control testing, operational audits, and risk mitigation initiatives
• Participate in the development of new internal audit processes and ongoing process improvements
• Participate in the scoping, risk assessment, and planning of internal audit activity
• Coordinate and manage audit team resources to ensure that they are effectively and efficiently utilized
• Execute, lead, and maintain accountability for the delivery of high quality audit deliverables in accordance with established budgets and timelines
• Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable
• Provide meaningful insights about the work that you are responsible for that consistently demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for our business
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business
• Provide creative input that will drive greater efficiency and value to the audit process
• Provide constructive coaching and guidance to your team throughout the audit process to enhance the team's understanding and ultimately improve the deliverables
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, COSO, financial and/or IT risk and controls, and leading business practices
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to speak the language of the business not just 'audit speak' and defend complex positions persuasively and effectively
• Display strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively, while meeting deadlines and delivering quality work product
• Prove your ability to work both independently and in a matrixed team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player and project manager
• Show your ability to influence, lead and motivate team members
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field
• A minimum of 6 years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, internal audit, and risk management role within a large, complex, global organization
• An accounting designation: CPA certification required
• A minimum of 3 years of experience coaching and developing team members
• Experience with Thomson Reuters eGRC Tool, SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Office applications, or Tableau and other competencies such as cloud computing, data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA), and fraud investigations
• Media and entertainment industry experience, specifically related to royalty accounting and systems
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable a