Senior Internal Auditor
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Internal Auditor
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit (IA) vision is to provide high quality services that deliver traditional Internal Audit assurance and advisory services in a non-traditional way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, internal investigations, and proactive involvement in strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department works proactively with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and deliver results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business partners that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit processes and leverage technology to ensure that we are maximizing our impact on the business. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization. We are looking for progressive, creative thinkers to help us on our journey.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Senior Internal Auditor reports directly to an IA Manager at WMG's New York headquarters and is responsible for executing audits and projects according to our audit plan. This role supports reviews of financial, operational, and compliance risks and controls across our global territories and performs testing per the Company's SOX compliance program.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in SOX compliance activities, including understanding processes, leading and participating in process walkthroughs, and performing tests of design and operating effectiveness for key processes and controls
• Participate in the planning, scoping, and execution of financial, operational, business advisory, and information technology (IT) audit projects
• Analyze processes, risks, and controls and communicate results to management, specifically identifying improvement opportunities, recommending actions that are pragmatic and achievable, and business partnering to resolve deficiencies
• Document accurate, logical, and detailed workpapers that clearly describe the audit objective, test procedures and results, and conclusions reached in the Thomson Reuters eGRC workpaper management tool
• Follow-up with process owners to monitor remediation efforts and perform testing to evaluate operating effectiveness of control
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including corporate, operations, and finance management, as well as external and co-source auditors
• Assist IA management in identifying financial, operational, compliance, and fraud risks at corporate, global territories, and within the medial & entertainment industry
• Participate in special projects and departmental initiatives as and when required by management
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, COSO, financial and/or IT risk and controls, and leading business practices
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to speak the language of the business not just 'audit speak'
• Speak persuasively and defend complex positions effectively
• Thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects effectively, while meeting deadlines and delivering quality work product
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable
• Work efficiently and effectively as an individual contributor and a team player with minimal supervision
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems or related field
• A minimum of 3 years of experience overall in some combination of internal audit, public accounting, risk management, and/or IT operational role within a large, complex, global organization
• SOX 404 experience such as process documentation, test plan creation, and test of controls
• Experience with Thomson Reuters eGRC Tool, SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, Visio, or Tableau
• CISA, CPA, CIA, CFE, or other relevant designation
• Media and entertainment industry experience, specifically related to royalty accounting and systems
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.