Product Manager, Grateful Dead Properties
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Product Manager, Grateful Dead Properties (Temp)
Job Title: Product Manager, Grateful Dead Properties (Temp), at Rhino Entertainment
A little bit about our team:
Rhino Entertainment is home of legendary artists such as Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Grateful Dead, Otis Redding and many more. This position will provide temporary coverage for roughly six months on all matters related to Grateful Dead.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a unique opportunity for someone who has a passion for music and likes working directly with the consumer and artist management. This temporary role will support only and all Grateful Dead matters, especially as it relates to releases (12-15) and planning our annual meetup at the movies. This role will truly be a owning the traffic of the artist's assets and keeping track of projects for a release and/or event.
Here you'll get to:
• Liaise with band's Legacy Manager & Global Product Manager on decisions and developments.
• Schedule all physical & digital projects.
• Provide data to finance for p&l generation.
• Calendar out and ensure pre-production deadlines are met (show selection, approved liners, photos selected, etc.).
• Schedule out deadlines for artist, package designer, editorial, and serve as point person for release-related production questions.
• Negotiate deals for art, photo clearances and all licensed materials and act as a liaison between third party and Business Affairs for contract generation.
• Manage approval process and information flow for all aspects/contents of release.
• Manage project budgets.
• Communicate pricing, product info, & marketing info to ex-US markets.
• Create and implement marketing plans for releases and events.
• Drive creation of marketing/promotional assets and content for Grateful Dead channels .
• Maintain marketing, web properties, and overall brand calendars.
• Act as an approver on all direct-to-fan and partner communications.
• Collaborate with Dead.net merchandising director on D2C sales.
• Monitor official website, Dead.net for efficiency of content, marketing, and timeliness of messaging.
• Develop and implement coordinated marketing efforts with licensees.
• Manage Grateful Dead annual theatrical screenings including the contract, marketing plan, creation and delivery of key art and promotional tools and assets
Point person for Sirius/XM Grateful Dead channel.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• 3-5 years' D2C experience.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Music and/or entertainment experience.
• Packing manager experience.
• Experience interacting with all levels of an organization, including the leader.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.