Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
The Marketing Department acts as the chief architect of WBR artist campaigns, setting goals and developing both long & short-term strategies to meet those goals. Through the use of market research, content creation, thoughtful and timely deployment of all assets, paid & earned media, advertising, culturally relevant activity, and more, we help define the road map to success, working with all departments to insure the team is moving in tandem towards the stated goals.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Maintain weekly marketing one-sheets with current project info & insight for company-wide use
• Manage scheduling of videos, audio and other creative content through the WEA system
• Perform basic design work as needed for special items such as invites, pitch decks, etc.
• Assist & participate as needed at special events including artist appearances, company events, meet & greets, etc.
• Handle all accounting/administrative duties including (not limited to) processing invoices, expense reports, and timesheets, while managing artist and executive calendars, travel, and meeting schedules
• Create timely reports using data from industry standard platforms (ie. Soundscan, Mediabase, Music Connect, etc.), internal data systems (WMG exclusive platforms such as Digital Workplace), third-party analytics (Spotify analytics, Google trends, etc.), and social media landscape.
• Contribute & ideate on WB projects, bringing fresh ideas to the artist development process
• Undertake research projects on market trends, brands, platforms, and potential partners to help ensure that WB is on the cusp of what is current and culturally relevant
• Efficiently handle administrative duties for two managers, while learning the basics of project management, prioritizing/managing multiple projects at your manager's direction
• Comprehensive experience with PC and Mac platforms, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (graphing)
• Excellent writing skills
• Thorough understanding of Soundscan & Mediabase research and numbers. As well as social media statistics and the ability to deduct.
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in high pressure environment.
• Effective online research methods.
• Working knowledge of mobile devices, i.e. iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.
• The right person for this job will be confident, 100% reliable, accept responsibility and handle pressure well.
• They must possess a tireless sense of urgency and at the same time have a pleasant and courteous phone manner - representing the Sr. Director and VP in an informed and professional way.
• Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented, has the ability to prioritize tasks, meet strict deadlines and a proactive style that anticipates problems before they arise
• Very strong follow-through and problem solving skills are essential
• Must be a creative self-starter who has outstanding people skills and works well in a very hectic atmosphere.
• Knowledge in the overall operations of a record company and the ability to quickly administrate and/or fulfill day-to-day requests is essential.
• Bachelor's Degree
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.