Manager - Student Programs
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Student Programs
Job Title: Manager, WMG Student Programs
A little bit about our team:
Our Talent Acquisition Team is the opening act! We are a hands-on team of talent experts who find and identify top candidates for our businesses and keep the show going! We are passionate about finding that diamond in the rough and guiding them through the first act (interview) to the main event that they will call their careers.
Why this could be your next big break:
Not only is WMG a dynamic and vibrant business to be a part of, our Talent Acquisition team is an extremely passionate, fast-paced and entrepreneurial group. The Manager, WMG Student Programs will get a chance to expand on our award winning internship programs as well as spearhead the creation of new and innovative opportunities to identify the future talent of the music industry! This opportunity will give you the chance to work with senior leaders across some of our well known labels such as Atlantic Records, and help shape what WMG will look like for years to come.
Here you'll get to:
• Create, build and recruit for amazing and memorable student programs that leave a lasting impact on the next generation of top talent in the music industry.
• Develop, and deliver US based branding, communications, trainings and major student program experiential events, including new hire orientation for both Atlantic and Emerging Talent, Resume Writing Workshops, and Guest Speaker Panels.
• Represent WMG's student programs and overall company brand on campus, including being the point of contact for key university/college partners as well as planning various visits and recruitment efforts at said universities/colleges
• Partner with senior leadership on executive referrals, communications and updates as to the status of their candidacy including Workday processing.
• Develop and manage Campus Recruitment budget for the US team as well as travel calendar for both the fall and spring semesters
• Keep internal Talent Acquisition team informed of students leaving the program that would be eligible for full time or temporary placement
• Plan and coordinate Capstone Project execution for Emerging Talent Program, including invites to major executives, coordination with facilities, and schedules for associate presentations
• Manage West Coast recruiter and HR interns, delegating tasks that will ensure our programs continue to move forward
• Develop surveys, including evaluations, for the student programs and analyze results, making strategic changes based of off feedback
• Maintain and further external branding initiatives on social media platforms, including WMG Students Instagram and Warner Diaries blog
• Maintain list of university/college contacts and update according to various changes at each school; including diversity and music business organizations
• Research new on-campus initiatives and present to team to implement
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Be a counselor! Act as the bridge between our interns and helping convert them into full-time members of the WMG team.
• Be an expert! Act as a trusted advisor and expert to our businesses on all things related to our student programs.
• Be innovative! People internally and externally will recognize and reward the impact of the programs you've created and developed.
• Be flexible! Whether it be advising a leader on why diversity matters or guiding a student on how to build meaningful relationships during their time here, you understand that in no day is going to be the same and that wakes you up in the mornings.
• Be curious! Our team and culture is highly entrepreneurial and we love seeking feedback from our partners on how we can make our student programs better!
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3-4 years of experience creating impactful internship/student programs in multiple locations for start-ups or large corporations
• 1 year of people management experience.
• Juggler & multi-tasker extraordinaire! Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow up skills with an attention to detail.
• Passion! We know you're at you're best when you're doing what you love and our Talent Acquisition team loves helping top talent align their passions with their careers.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.