Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Department Description: The publicity department is responsible for all outreach and liaising with print, TV, and online media on behalf of artists and the company, securing and tracking any coverage. In addition, the department is responsible for maintaining up to date photos and bios on all active artists, drafting and issuing official media releases to the media and the company, the planning and execution of special events, interaction with and planning for certain industry awards and award shows, and the purchasing of all artist birthday gifts.
Job Title: Publicity Manager
A little bit about our team:
Big Beat is a label imprint home to a diverse roster of electronic and dance music acts, producers and DJs of all shapes and sizes. Staff members are responsible for keeping up to date on all things electronic/dance music genre, news and event happenings for the goal of pursuing appropriate promo/publicity opportunities for the label roster.
Why this could be your next big break:
Responsible for securing and arranging regional, tour, online and blog press for a specified roster of artists as determined by Head of PR, Big Beat with guidance from the GM, Big Beat.
Here you'll get to:
• You will create strategic media plans for tour, online and blog press for Big Beat/Atlantic artists.
• You will oversee and fine tune each campaign, including:
• Secure and arrange feature stories with print and online media
• Secure and arrange live show reviews with print and online media
• Secure and arrange album reviews with print and online media
• You will arrange in-person interviews/performances with local TV (morning shows, evening news, and entertainment news programs) to publicize concert dates, album releases and promo tours.
• You will plan and implement blogger/press events to help maximize online artist presence and blogger support.
• You will accompany artists and set up press interviews at awards shows, red carpet events and music festivals.
• You will set up and overseeing photo shoots and in-person interviews/meetings with artists.
• You will research new media outlets for opportunities for both online and local coverage.
• You will network and create relationships with major press outlets.
• You will communicate regularly with artist managers about the progress of press campaigns including sending press reports and press clips on a timely basis.
• You will be a liaison with tour marketing department and local show promoters to coordinate tickets for live reviews, make arrangements for press photographers, and any on-site interviews at the venue in each tour market.
• You will manage and maintain press database, cultivating new and ongoing relationships with all press and media outlets.
• You will attend weekly meetings with all Big Beat/Atlantic departments to discuss and strategize current projects and objectives.
Rockstar candidates will:
• Have interest in pursuing a career in the electronic/dance music industry
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in music/entertainment publicity
• You are action oriented, hardworking, and energetic
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills internally and externally
• Have strong organizational skills
• Have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Have composure under extremely stressful situations
• Have creativity in the development of campaigns
• Have strong intellect and the ability to think quickly on one's feet
• Have a strong sense of initiative
• You think critically to formulate tailored and effective pitches
• You negotiate maximum media coverage
• Have perseverance throughout the course of a campaign
• Have thorough planning and strategizing
• You are politically savvy, especially with various members of the media
• Have presentation skills
• You can problem solve in stressful situations
• Have the ability to build and foster relationships with members of the media
• Have the ability to show and communicate results through secured media coverage
• Have strategic agility in terms of foreseeing trends and problems before they occur
• You are a team player and have the ability to lead media outreach on a project
• Have time management in a deadline-driven environment
• Have knowledge/expertise in dealing with the media
• You can think ''outside the box'' in terms of strategies
• Have follow-through and extreme attention to detail
• Have the ability to delegate certain responsibilities – including the hiring & management of an intern each quarter
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• An interest in pursuing a career in the electronic/dance music industry
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.