Manager, Finance Recorded Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Finance Recorded Music
Job Title: Manager, Finance Recorded Music
A little bit about our team:
The team will provide coordination and support for all analysis throughout Recorded Music (RM) WMG. The department will partner on a wide array of analysis across RM deals (i.e. A&R, Licensing, JV/Profit Share, Administration, M&A), corporate (i.e. business development), operating performance/delivery tracking, market/competitive analysis, risk management, strategic opportunities and ad-hoc projects as needed.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Manager of Finance Recorded Music will be responsible for analyzing and coordinating financial and planning analyses as well as initiatives as viewed through a financial lens in a strategic planning capacity.
Here you'll get to:
• Support CFO, RM and VP Finance RM with developing financial models and strategic assessments to address key business issues, e.g. evaluation of new business models, key deals and post mortem analyses, emerging technologies, and innovations; competitive analyses; media landscape overviews; programming and content deals; business and operational planning; ROI analyses of RM's investments in new businesses and technologies, etc.
• Act as liaison between various departments for cross-functional projects
• Provide adhoc analyses and presentations for senior management
• Collaborate with CFO on board presentations, valuations, etc.
• Liaise affiliates to provide project management support, including conducting analyses and preparing presentation materials
• Participate in the creation of L-T plans, and other operational planning analyses for new business initiatives
• Support the development and updates to performance dashboards and management reporting tools
• Prepare ad hoc reports and ongoing analyses to understand key business drivers and variances
• Conduct industry research and write summary reports as needed
• Track and provide analyses around competition (direct majors and indirect digital, as well as others); issue earnings summaries on competitors and other relevant music/media/tech companies
• Periodically work with departments and business development to assist in assessing potential targets; conduct pre- and post-transaction M&A deal analyses and valuations
• Conduct/assist in meetings with potential strategic partners
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong understanding of finance and cash flow concepts/principles in conjunction with excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to identify and solve problems; critical thinking skills
• Sophisticated financial modeling skills and powerpoint/presentation skills; ability to create new models as well as 'refresh' existing financial models
• Ability to deliver value added analyses to senior management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate with senior level management team
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
• Ability to work independently as well as to work as part of a team; handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while working with a sense of urgency to meet assigned
• BA in Finance/ Economics
• 3-5 years of finance-related experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, business development, or other analytic role
• MBA/CFA/CPA desirable, but not required
• Knowledge of music/media industry strong plus
• Experience with SAP, Oracle, HFM a plus
• Willingness to travel
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.