Manager, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Digital Marketing
One of the most iconic and enduring labels in music history, Atlantic in its seventh decade continues to be marked by musical diversity, embracing a spectrum of chart-topping performers who span the contemporary musical landscape – including such stars as Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Janelle Monae, Lil Uzi Vert, Death Cab For Cutie, Kelly Clarkson, Cardi B and Wiz Khalifa.
Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing (primarily Urban projects)
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology, unlike any other at a record label. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Manager, Digital Marketing gets to work with some of the most urgent, creative artists in the urban music space. This position is responsible for digital marketing strategy and detailed planning, content development and management, fan acquisition and CRM best practices, social networking and media optimization, influencer marketing, advertising planning and more. The Manager of Digital Marketing is focused on the creation and building of Atlantic's artist communities as they serve as the core of the long-term 360 relationship between label and artist. The right candidate has a voracious appetite for new digital marketing and technology, is highly creative, extremely motivated, and loves being a part of a music marketing team. The position requires a deep knowledge of rap/hip hop/R&B music scene and lifestyle marketing.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for artists on Atlantic and the label's associated labels
• Construct community/fan-building initiatives. Examples of online involvement include: fan recruitment through artists social and email lists
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests) optimized for each distribution network/channel
• Provide ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
• Create and execute online lifestyle marketing campaigns that brand artists, aggregate fans and mobilize fans to promote Atlantic's artists and music
• Brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online advertising campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
• Work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• Prepare regularly-required online marketing summaries and plans
• Assist in the creation and execution of artist editorial calendars and publishing schedules
What Makes a Rockstar candidate?
• You are nice
• You are extremely creative
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
• Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
• Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, social networks, content marketing
• Understanding of digital ad buys, including social, retargeting, search and beyond
• Strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of popular photo and video applications including Photoshop/ImageReady/Final Cut/iMovie
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines
• Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
• Experience writing and editing music copy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to plan, organize and execute campaigns in a timely manner
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 2-4 years of digital marketing experience
• 2-4 years of music industry experience preferred; other related experience considered
• Music/entertainment-related internships or experience
• Creative marketing, video, design or ecommerce experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.