Manager - Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks At Elektra Music Group
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2021 11:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager - Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks At Elektra Music Group jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager - Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks At Elektra Music Group postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager - Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks at Elektra Music Group
A little bit about our team:
Our Los Angeles-based team is responsible for securing placements for Elektra Music Group artists and songs in film, TV, new media, video games, sports programming and soundtracks, in order to bring in master licensing revenue as well as promote frontline artists to benefit the overall company. We are looking for a creative manager to seek out placements for Elektra frontline artists and masters across television, film, trailers, promos, and video games.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will get to work with contemporary recording artists, pitch and help clear music for sync opportunities across various media including film, television, trailers/promos, new media and video games. You will get to collaborate and work in tandem with the rest of the Elektra and Atlantic creative sync team, as well as work with the WMG clearance and international sync teams. You will get to see first-hand how a major label operates and partner with the marketing, digital, A&R, A&R administration, touring and development departments, among others.
Here you'll get to:
• Pitch Elektra frontline artists and masters for sync opportunities in television, film, trailers/promos, new media, and video games
• Process a high volume of creative briefs in a timely and efficient manner
• Listen to released and upcoming music releases in order to identify sync opportunities for songs/artists
• Continue to build and grow your relationships with music supervisors and the sync community
• Partner with WMG's clearance team and outside publishers to ensure placements are cleared quickly and efficiently
• Research TV and film production schedules, stay up to date with industry trades, and identify potential new projects and sync opportunities
• Plan, organize and host artist showcases for sync partners
• Attend internal marketing meetings and external artist/manager meetings
• Coordinate with various departments to gather artist and marketing campaign information
• Represent the label at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other events
• You have minimum 2 years of experience of pitching or clearing music for sync from either the label / publisher / indie side, or the studio / network / music supervision side
• You have extensive relationships in the sync community and minimum 3 years of experience creating, developing, and maintaining those relationships
• You have an-depth understanding of music clearance and licensing
• You are a self-starter and are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
• You work well with others and have excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
• You are detail oriented, organized and thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• You will demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
• You will anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes
• You will handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
• You are passionate about contemporary music and sync
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A passion for helping artists' grow their audience and careers through sync
• A passion for film, television, and discovering new content to watch
• You enjoy going to concerts, industry mixers and similar events
Elektra Music Group
Elektra Music Group was launched in 2018 as a stand-alone music company within Warner Music Group. Its roots extend back to 1950, when Jac Holzman launched the iconic Elektra label in his college dorm room. Today, that same entrepreneurial, independent spirit is the driving force behind each of the unique labels that make up the core of the Elektra Music Group: Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, and Roadrunner. The company's adventurous, eclectic roster includes culture-defining artists such as Brandi Carlile, Coheed and Cambria, Fitz and the Tantrums, Gojira, The Highwomen, KALEO, Korn, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Slipknot, Tones And I, Twenty One Pilots, and others.
Warner Music Group
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.