Manager, Contract Administration
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Contract Administration
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after
Title: Manager, Contract Administration
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a unique opportunity to join the Business & Legal Affairs department. In contract administration we are responsible for reviewing and vetting all audio and video material released by the company, including ensuring timely clearance of all third party sideartist issues. We additionally oversee all third-party licensing requests and draft various ancillary agreements. You will have the opportunity to work with various departments across multiple labels (Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Fueled by Ramen, Roadrunner).
Here you'll get to:
• Review and approve all VRAs and videos
• Clear sideartists (incoming and outgoing), including receiving internal/external approvals as needed, negotiating terms and maintaining a chart with all deals
• Draft license agreements and process payments for in-house compilations
• Draft license agreements and track expiration dates for Taste & Tone and Canvasclub singles. Upon expiration, coordinating loss of rights procedures with artist and production department
• Draft and negotiate live performance agreements
• Handle all incoming promotional clearance requests for active catalog on all samplers, TV shows, artwork, etc. Obtain internal and management approval and draft no objection letters/gratis licenses
• Work with sales department to obtain consent for special sales programs and advise of any contractual pricing restrictions
• Research rights/restrictions for various departments as needed
• Back up VP, Contract Administration for option tracking
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow through
• Work independently, within a team-oriented environment
• Handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize workflow
• Strong research skills
• BA or BS degree
• 2 – 5 years' experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Paralegal background would be helpful
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.