Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Coordinator, Human Resources
A little bit about our team:
The Rhino and Warner Bros. Records' HR team provides strategic people support to the catalog and front-line employee population. Human Resources is the hands-on partner for people-related strategies and provides day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development, performance management and compliance. Our small but mighty team also offers the opportunity to participate in various HR initiatives and projects.
Why this could be your next big break:
Immersed in two different businesses under the Warner Music Group family, this role will get exposure to, and learn about, a front-line label and a music catalog team. Both businesses are critical to our success and present different challenges and opportunities for our employees and artists. You will thrive by building positive working relationships, as you interact with all levels of the organization.
Here you'll get to:
• Drive HR initiatives such as onboarding, internship experiences and ongoing wellness initiatives for our employees
• Help the HR Manager in providing people support to 300 employees in LA and NY
• Update and own the data in our HRIS system (Workday), which includes partnering with our global HR Operations team to improve and streamline our processes
• Pulling reports and translating them in a way that tells a story
• Own the employee files to include the creation of new hires and destruction of terminated employee files in line with our retention schedule per compliance obligations
• Audit our employee data on a quarterly basis
• Conduct exit interviews for departing employees, to include diving into their feedback and reviewing that with the HR team
• Manage communication with employees and their managers around their probationary period
• Create a world-class HR experience for our employees by having an intimate knowledge of HR policies and practices to educate our employees
• Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits and Training & Development teams on current and future HR activities
• Support HR Leadership in light administrative support by occasionally booking travel, submitting monthly expense reimbursement and scheduling calendars.
Rockstar candidates have:
• A methodical, detail-oriented, and thorough approach to work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Results-oriented, strong execution and follow up skills
• High organization, multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• An ability to work in both independent and collaborative environments
• Ability to proactively seek the needs of the team and employees
• Practices careful communication
• High emotional intelligence, and exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• High level of experience and comfortability with Excel and other Microsoft-related programs
• 1 – 2 years of full-time, HR experience
• B.A. required, Master's degree in a related field preferred
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A minimum of 1 year of experience with Workday is strongly desired
• Experience managing projects and owning the results
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.