Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Financial Analyst
A little bit about our team:
Rhino Finance is responsible for the accurate financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting, and financial compliance for the company. The financial analyst role will be reporting to the Senior Director, Finance and will be responsible for supporting the close and forecasting processes.
Here you'll get to:
• Responsible for various key functions that support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes such as the P&L and Balance Sheet (B/S) comparatives, P&L and B/S analytics, preparation of journal entries, and the preparation and submission of financial reporting deliverables.
• Analyze financial data by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results by working with various departments to determine reasons for fluctuations
• Responsible for various key functions that support the Budget and Forecast processes, including but not limited to trending and business line analysis, HFM submission, and verifying that P&L comparatives are in line with final submissions
• Prepare and review various P&L analyses, including but not limited to Distribution Fees, Cost of Product, Non-recoupable costs, and Audit reserves, and provide commentary on variances to Budget and Forecast
• Assist in preparing financial reporting packages for purposes of Management review
• Reconcile project actuals to approved P&Ls/budgets and provide commentary on variances
• Compile data and generate reports from the various Revenue systems including WWS, Oracle Discover (ESS), eTrans, LSS and financial reporting systems – SAP, HFM.
• Create, develop, modify and manage reporting tools and templates.
• Assist management in developing and preparing flash, forecast, and budget updates.
• Maintain financial close reports and various checklists
• Create and prepare various ad-hoc reports and projects to Management.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• 1-2 years Finance/Accounting experience, including forecasting and month-end close
• Must have strong Excel skills, including knowledge of pivot tables, vlookups, and macros
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Work well under pressure and have the ability to meet deadlines while paying close attention to detail.
• Highly organized with a strong ability to multi-task. A self-starter, but someone who can take direction; flexible and adaptable to change and is a team player
• Interpersonal Style and qualities of curiosity, ambition, integrity, and commitment to the organization's mission.
• Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Bachelor's Degree with major in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related field
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• SAP experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.