Financial Analyst, Consolidations
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Financial Analyst, Consolidations
Job Title: Financial Analyst, Consolidations
A little bit about our team:
The Corporate Finance Department at WMG is responsible for overseeing all of the financial operations of the company in partnership with the finance groups within the labels and individual companies within WMG. The department provides financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting, and financial compliance and auditing for the company. The department is filled with fun, outgoing and overall successful individuals who work hard all while enjoying the perks of working in the Music Industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music Group is excited to offer our new opportunity in the Finance team. The Analyst in this role will provide an exciting opportunity to rotate between the consolidations and financial reporting team over two years. Within each rotation, there will be target skills that the Analysts will acquire and new goals for each position to work towards. This position utilizes hands-on accounting experience and solid understanding of accounting principles and WMG's policies/procedures to facilitate the day to day consolidations accounting and reporting processes. This position reports to the Senior Manager.
Here you'll get to:
During the one year rotation in consolidations, Analysts will engage in:
• Interacting with and providing support to the global finance team, consisting of over 60 affiliated companies operating in more than 50 countries, throughout WMG's financial statement consolidation process
• Assisting with the preparation of the quarter Consolidated Balance Sheet Analytics with focus on AR and Advances and Accrued Liabilities
• Assisting with the preparation of the Consolidated Investments and Equity roll-forwards, including liaising directly with the affiliates for activity requiring further analysis.
• Ensuring all reporting entities have submitted monthly actual and forecast HFM data via data submission forms and providing daily status reports to operating affiliates during the close process
• Supporting multi-currency consolidation process by communicating the updated foreign currency exchange movements
• Reviewing quarterly supplemental reporting package submissions from all affiliates which are used by the External Reporting department in preparation of the WMG 10-Q and 10-K
• Working closely with global financial departments to resolve intercompany accounting or HFM related issues
• Assisting with internal audit and external audit quarterly, interim, and year-end requests
• Prepare quarterly reporting templates provided to the labels/affiliates globally and act as key point of contact for submissions and any subsequent follow-up
• Coordinate quarterly actual review meeting materials with the affiliates, which includes packaging the financial data, confirming with presenters, printing materials, and distributing electronically
• Prepare and communicate actual and forecast submission requirements and deadlines to the global Finance community
• Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly Controllers newsletter
• Performing other ad-hoc tasks and special projects as required by management
Rockstar candidates will need:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2 years professional experience in accounting and/or auditing
• CPA candidate required
• Big Four or National public accounting experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of financial systems and software
o Proficient with MS office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word)
o Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
It would be music to our ears if you:
• Demonstrate great analytical skills, an affinity for detail and organization
• Exhibit a clear, fluid understanding of financial statements reporting (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow) and how they relate to one another.
• Seek ways to eliminate non-value added tasks and improve process flow as a strategic partner in a team environment.
• You have strong communication skills that can help with partnering, influencing, and corresponding with individuals up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Possess ability to proactively follow up on open items, handle multiple assignments, be adaptable to change and work through obstacles
• You enjoy solving problems, working independently, being challenged, helping others and working on new projects.
• You are looking for mentorship, coaching and growth in your Accounting career in an exciting, fast paced, fun and ever-changing industry
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.