Executive Assistant, Licensing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2018 7:29:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Executive Assistant, Licensing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Assistant, Licensing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant, Licensing? Executive Assistant, Licensing
Job Title: Executive Assistant, Licensing
A little bit about our team:
The Sync department represents both recorded music and music publishing rights and offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve recording artists and songwriters by strategically developing new opportunities in film, TV, advertising, video games, and new media, and also by collaborating with the company's frontline recorded music labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
Under direct supervision with some latitude for independent judgment and decision, is responsible for providing administrative support for the EVP, Head of Sync – WCM and WMG and assistance within the areas of Sync Licensing.
Here you'll get to:
• Welcomes visitors, screens and directs phone calls/inquiries, processes expenses, schedules and coordinates domestic and international meetings, maintains all calendar items, coordinates domestic and international travel, processes incoming mail and correspondence, prepares outgoing mail, and ensures the office is always fully equipped and functions smoothly.
• Works independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
• Proofreads and edits drafts and final materials for appropriate consistent format, accuracy of financial figures or other data and makes corrections as needed.
• Maintains and updates department files, records and publications.
• Responsible for completing tasks specific within the area, department, or division along with the aforementioned duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner as determined by the officers and managers of the division and/or Company.
• Directs documents to the appropriate parties, obtains approvals when necessary, and makes certain all deadlines are met.
• Assists in performing research of the Company's rights and clears copyright provisions.
• Coordinates the handling of both telephone and correspondence from other related companies and producers requesting fee quotations and license requests for use of Company's products contained in its catalogue.
• Prepares, transcribes, and processes correspondence, reports, statistical analysis, status reports, forms of contracts, agreements, licenses, memoranda, meeting minutes, presentation material, and other related matters of confidential and/or complex nature
• Special projects as needed.
Rockstar candidates will have/be able to:
• A high school level education, or its equivalent, is required. A baccalaureate degree preferred with a major in business administration; coursework to have included principles of music business and/or related fields.
• Two (2) to Three (3) years of Executive Assistant experience in the music or entertainment industry
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data.
• Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in knowledge of general business practices.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills, high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work and being accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well on a team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.