Director, Online Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Online Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Responsible for developing comprehensive digital strategies for marketing artist releases from Label Services artists and label clients.
Why this could be your next big break:
To efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of online marketing for an assigned roster of projects. Liase with the marketing, press, and digital sales departments in the company (and any hired, third party companies) in conjunction with Label Services artists and label clients to maximize the potential for each project's success. To find innovative and cost effective ways to brand Label Services artists and label clients with associated online partners, including content development and management, grassroots community building and marketing, tastemaker sites, and genre-related digital marketing lifestyle outlets.
Here you'll get to:
• Create online marketing, online press, and online advertising plans for Label Services artists and label clients.
• Find innovative and cost-effective ways to brand Label Services artist and label clients with associated online partners, including content development and management, grassroots community building and marketing, tastemaker sites, social media influencers, and genre-related digital marketing lifestyle outlets.
• Work in conjunction with ADA's Director of Publicity to achieve overall press goals and support features
• Work in conjunction with label clients and the ADA Digital Sales team on marketing drivers to complement retail promotions with online retailers as well as streaming and subscription services
• Work in conjunction with ADA's Content Creation Manager to produce digital assets and tools (social images, banner ads, teaser clips)
• Ensure use of best practices across artist social profiles and streaming accounts
• Promote artist releases via online features, promotions, contests, and asset premieres
• Secure online premieres for music videos and promotional video content
• Analyze consumption patterns on a track or artist level to inform tailored social campaigns to drive streaming
• Recommend new digital tools and partnerships for Label Services artists and label clients, including both platforms, insights, and marketing tools, as well as partnerships with upcoming sites/services.
• Guide the budgets of the genre-specific digital marketing budgets, advertising plans, etc. to manage label spend and to ensure best practices across all projects.
• Construct community/fan-building initiatives. Examples of online involvement include: fan recruitment, media sampling/posting, online voting, viral ''send to a friend'' initiatives, banner campaigns, consumer surveys, contests, etc.
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests, artist journals, photo galleries)
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners, affiliates, and influencers as they relate to grassroots marketing
• Create and execute online lifestyle marketing campaigns that brand artists, aggregate fans and mobilize fans to promote the music of Label Services artists and label clients.
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• Compile and circulate weekly reports on artist social progress and digital marketing initiatives
• Work with associated distribution partners, DSPs directly, and third party curators to pursue streaming and playlisting opportunities for Label Services artists and label clients
• Pitch and promote tracks from Label Services artist and label clients to curators, programmers, and streaming accounts, working with DSP label reps, account leads, and distribution sales teams
• Drive streaming revenue for Label Services artist and label clients
• Work with the Label Services team, artist managers, label partners, associated sales teams, and the accounts directly to develop playlist and streaming strategy for Label Services artist releases, and execute accordingly
• Develop & integrate robust social strategies to grow playlist engagement & market share
• Prepare weekly reports outlining playlisting and streaming accomplishments, along with upcoming goals with associated strategy to achieve them
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
• Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
• Understanding of internet and wireless community culture and landscape
• Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, bulletin boards, SMS messaging, ''instant messaging'' and viral marketing techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Creative marketing ideas
• Management skills
• Attention to detail
• Working knowledge of popular graphic design applications including Photoshop/ImageReady
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Familiarity with file sharing applications, rippers, encoders, etc.
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines
• Ability to plan, organize and execute campaigns in a timely manner
• Strategic Thinker
• Goal Oriented
• Relationship Builder and Maintainer
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5 years of internet marketing experience
• 5 years of music industry experience
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Office, and PowerPoint.
• Basic knowledge of FTP/HTML services and web-based programs.
• BS or MS in Marketing, Communications, MIS/CIS, or similar preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.