Director, Engineer UC / VC
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Engineer UC/VC
Job Title: Director, Unified Communications
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to move the needle and make a significant impact within a large global enterprise. Responsibilities include coordinating projects and resources as new business offerings and technologies are developed and implemented within Warner Music Group. Requires excellent communication and technical skills, while working closely with all business units within Warner Music Group in determining design criteria and proof of concept as they relate to each business offering. Other functionality includes acting as engineering liaison to outside engineering entities, project budget management, staffing development and vendor management. Collaborate, design and implement ideas with business leaders from whiteboard to digital delivery and be a true partner with our business leaders. Recognize that as a Service Organization we're there to partner and steward the organization to operate efficiency, drive revenue and manage risk.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage multiple network infrastructure projects and operational tasks concurrently.
• Configure and maintain Voice, Data, and LAN networks.
• Configure and maintain standard QoS templates across all network devices.
• Configure and maintain QoS standards across the network
• Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
• Responds to inquiries regarding data and computer security, policies and procedures.
• Monitors network traffic performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems.
• Provide end users with network technical support.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
10 years previous hands on network administration using the following skills:
• Demonstrated experience in the area of centralized monitoring, network capacity planning, network performance reporting, network optimization and troubleshooting of enterprise unified communications (UC) networks
• Demonstrated experience implementing security policies and procedures for IPT and video.
• Knowledge/ Experience of H.323, H248, MGCP and SIP.
• Knowledge / Experience of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IP trunking concepts, topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP.
• Experience and solid understanding of data network systems and routing protocols
• Extensive experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting QoS.
• Experience supporting Call Centers, including setup, configuration and troubleshooting of toll-free numbers desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills desirable.
• Incident management and response, post mortem follow ups/root cause analysis
• Ability to work independently, ability to define priorities and meet critical deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills used to resolve issues and challenges.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Vulnerability and penetration testing/auditing and remediation.
• Experience with the following technology or equivalent:
• Palo Alto
• Incident and crisis planning and response
• SOX/PCI/GDPR compliance a plus
• Experience mitigating: malware, virus's, advanced persistent threats, phising, suspicious network traffic
A little bit about our team:
Global team of dynamic, creative and collaborative problems solvers working together to build highly secure and scalable solutions to drive innovation and operational excellence. Be responsible for the health, performance, and continuous improvement of the applications and systems that IT is responsible for. This group is the digital thought and technology collective working with world class creative Media & Entertainment executives and their teams; acting as the trusted operators and strategic partners with them to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.